huit

Chapter Eight: Did You Purr?

Marinette pulls out UNO. Chat Noir watches her attempt to shuffle the deck of cards, it's painful. Her fingers are all wrong, arms in awkward positions. He comes behind her, hands on hers.

"Your placement is all wrong," he puts her thumbs on the end of the deck. "Put your pointer finger against the stack. When you shuffle, your pointer finger will create that effect and your thumb controls how mixed your cards will be," He whispers in her ear, unknowingly.

"Okay." She does as instructed, letting a relieved breath out when it works.

"There you go!"

"Now, go back over there while I deal the cards."

He does and while he waits he sees her cheeks flushing a crimson red. Chat can't help but smirk. The proximity they shared had felt intimate to him, but for her to feel the same-at least he thought she did-made him feel better for choosing her. Regardless if Marinette liked him, he still wanted to be around her. Something about their time together was always sensational; she was sensational.

"Chat, you go first."

He snaps back into focus, seeing the game setup.

"Yeah, my bad," he plays a card.

Chat Noir smirked playfully, glancing at Marinette as he played his card. Their hands may no longer be intertwined, but the brief moment of closeness lingered in the air, adding an electrifying tension to their game.

"I have an idea on how to make this game spicy," he says.

"Oh? How so?"

"The loser has to do what the winner says."

"That's too much power!"

"Fine, one thing, then."

"Okay."

He knew what he'd have her do if she won. Chat Noir started grinning, just thinking about it. This was all an excuse to ask her on a date. He figured this was the safest option considering the way Adrien was treated.

Marinette observed his move, studying her own cards. Chat Noir watched her face scrunch up; she had a mischievous glint in her eyes, she played a card that disrupted his strategy, causing him to draw four more cards.

"Someone's feline bold," his tail swishes in the air.

As the game progressed, their banter and laughter filled the room. They exchanged playful taunts, attempting to outwit each other with strategic plays. Marinette continued to whoop his ass in this game. At first, it was funny seeing her strike of war but he had twelve cards in his hand and she had four.

At one point, Marinette played a Wild card, changing the color of the game. Their gazes meet; he had gone grumpy, sucking at the game.

She gave him a million dollar smile. "Red!" The only color he didn't have, if you can believe it.

Despite his losing streak, her smile made his suffering worth. A big grin plastered on her face as she wiped the floor with him, but cheesing even still. Her joy was the single most beautiful thing he's seen. That cheer brightened a room, brightened his heart.

"UNO!"

"No fucking way," he whines.

In the way they're playing Doubles are allowed. Chat plays every Draw Four in his hand, sure he's got her beat. He saved them up, knowing this was their best use. Marinette's eyes widen at the amount of cards he'd played, then instead of reaching for the deck of cards she stares at the card in her hand with an amused expression on her face.

That's when it hits him. There's one other card she could play to win.

She slaps her Draw Four down, sticking her to tongue out at him.

"UNO out," she sings in victory.

Chat Noir crosses his arms. This foils his plans big time. How is he going to take her out now? It would be awkward if he blurts it out unprovoked, right? Right? He studied Marinette's face wondering what she was going to ask of him now that she'd won.

"Chat, since I won, you are going to," she pauses, her cheeks aflame,"givemeakiss."

"What?" He's in disbelief at what he thought he heard.

Marinette bites her lip. "Give me your wrist."

Chat Noir shakes his head. He knows she's trying to talk her way out of it, the embarrassment hitting her, but her won't let her. He inches toward her, cards to hell, leaning over her body. Marinette is perfectly still, watching his every move. A mischievous smirk dances on his lips as he hovers over her ear.

"I'm going to kiss you," he whispers,"like you wanted. If that's changed, tell me now."

He glances at her. Marinette's mouth is shut so tight, you'd think she was holding the President's secrets.

"Princess?"

"Yes?" She says it so low it's barely audible.

"Loosen your lips."

She does and Chat Noir presses his lips to hers. Tasting of strawberries and vodka, he finds it hard to pull away, but he does. He stares into her eyes searching for an answers. Did she like it? Does that qualify for give me a kiss? Does she want more? Chat knows he does. Her lush lips were a wonder, so soft and plump. All he wants is to feel that magic again, but he can't imagine continuing if this isn't what she wants.

Marinette pulls on his collar, bringing him back to her. Their lips collide once again, the bluenette taking the lead. She parts her mouth slightly; Chat prods his tongue inside. His tongue thrusts against hers. She runs her hand through his hair, the other gripping his back. He wants more. Chat leaves kisses on her neck trailing down her collarbone.

He's overwhelmed with emotion. This moment feels ethereal, unreal. He deepens the kisses; nibbling all in the same breath. He doesn't want this to end. Her supple skin against her is a feeling he never realized he needs. His body rings in sensual harmony and in a shocking second sends him moaning in the sound of a purr.

He stills.

So does Marinette.

She whispers,"Did you...?"

Chat Noir gets from off of her, scrambling to the other side of the room. Blood rushes to his cheeks. What had he done? He may be dressed in a cat suit, but he doesn't purr. He's never purred! What the fuck?!

She comes to his side. His head is down, covering his blush. Marinette leans her head against him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He expected her to make a joke or tease him mercilessly but nothing. He softens, his body relaxing. He holds her and, boy, he doesn't want to let go.