more marichat by me !!

title: TERRIBLE THINGS

title: TERRIBLE THINGS. marichat

tags: angst, bittersweet ending, royalty au, marichat, romance, drama, action, trauma, mature rated content (iykyk)

teaser: Dirt, cobwebs, and sweat permeates off of Marinette, the peasant wench, who was destined to live out the rest of her days in this cold dungeon to pay off her parent's debt to the Pollen Kingdom, the Bourgeois family. She still remembers the day, as though it happened yesterday. Awoken from her sleep by guards, in the Polleen armory, hearing her mom and dad begging and crying, and the cackling of Princess Chloe before being shoved into the back of the buckboard wagon.

Tears stain the bluenette's cheeks, as the following memories overtake her brain. Each day that passes is a reminder that she'll never be free. She was fifteen when she was taken and it's been at least four years since then. After the fourth year, Marinette gave up on engraving the time that passed. It was foolish thinking to hope for the sweet embrace of escape...of any kind. Though, as of late, there have been times when she's found herself smiling.

"I brought some crumpets," the blonde distraction whispers. He shuts the cell door behind him and takes a seat across from her, placing the pastry between the two.

Her stomach gurgles; the last time she ate was days ago. They feed her enough to survive, not enough to live. Marinette fails at any attempt to hide her hunger, because the moment the savory cake is in her hands she loses her mind. With each bite, her cheeks fill like a squirrel with acorns. The girl becomes more ravenous, licking her fingers despite the sot that was layered on her fingers.

a/n: 

for more, read the prologue that's OUT NOW. my goal is to publish weekly but we'll see <33