dix

A/N: comment what you think, vote if it's swaggy

-barcelony

Chapter Ten: A Date

Light sparkles through Marinette's curtains, golden hues billow into the room. Chat and Marinette laid snuggled against another. She startles at the sound of his breath rising. Slowly, Marinette awakes, seeing him still there. 

"Shit," she murmurs.

She checks her phone and sees a text from Alya. In her response to her inquiry about what happened at Juleka's party, she found out that Marinette had gotten crazy drunk with Luka and Adrien had saved her from Luka's dick. How heroic, but seriously what the fuck Luka. And apparently Adrien had even taken her home. Huh, how is she supposed to stay mad after his act of nobility? 

Remember that his oblivious nature and careless actions broke her heart, that's how. 

Chat Noir opens his eyes.

"Good morning, princess."

"Yeah, good morning."

"What do you want to do today?"

"What, you're staying?' This is the first time this has happened. He always rushes out when dawn comes.

"Yeah, is that okay?"

She nods with more excitement than she means to.

"Good," he says decisively. "I want to take you somewhere."

"Like...like a date?" 

She blurts it out before thinking how he might react. What if he only wants to be friends? Yeah, they shared a kiss but only because he told him to. What if he thinks she's pressuring him now? Oh, this is so embarrassing. Why would she put herself out there like that? She can't take it, she really can't. 

"Yeah," he runs his hands through his blonde hair. "Let's go on a real one. I'm thinking we get Sweetheart's ice cream, make it an adventure to find him."

"Okay, I'm going to go get dressed," she jumps up, planting a quick kiss to his cheek.

"Sounds good, I'll be waiting."

In her dash to the bathroom she pauses and turns to him. "Um, your pajamas?"

He looks down, a sheepish grin forming. "Oh, right."

"Do you see any clues in the picture? Anything familiar?"

"I think I-I see the...it's the Eiffel Tower!" Marinette replies out of breath.

They'd been running around for an hour and a half with no luck. It's a good thing they had a proper meal before chasing after the ice cream man, because this is crazy. Nonetheless, Marinette can not believe she's on a date with Chat Noir. Considering she'd denied him so man times as Ladybug. What would he think if he knew that? Knew another side of her? She shrugs those thoughts off, holding onto him as he runs across the rooftops trying to beat time. 

"Right there!" 

He nods. "We're going to make it, m'lady."

And they do. He lets her down and they greet Andre with a smile. He basks in awe at the couple before him. 

"Oh, look here at the pretty couple." Scooping into the ice cream."Green mint for his eyes, cherry red for his lips, and charcoal," he hands the dessert to Marinette.

Andre turns to Chat Noir. "For you, I give you; blackberry for her hair and blueberry for her eyes."

Marinette and Chat Noir smile at one another, walking side by side.