Chapter Seventeen

💕Author's Note: Hey, gorgeous! Read ahead (over 100 chapters) by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

💗💗💗

My body moves before I can stop it, and a mix of shock and fear and something else I'm not really sure I want to admit that I'm feeling force my hands to push myself off his shoulders, hauling me backward in a slight stumble.

My abrupt reaction quickly puts some distance between us, but his other hand refuses to budge from its current resting place—my now very rigid waist. His grip on it actually seems firmer, if anything. I'm breathing hard, and the air enters and leaves my suddenly overactive lungs as if they're trying to use up all the oxygen in the room.

I warily look at him again, only to find that he, on the other hand, is completely and utterly calm and unaffected. It's as if he didn't notice anything at all. And perhaps he didn't, but I highly doubt it. I mean, how can a guy not notice when his penis is stiff?

I resist the urge to look down at it, forcing my eyes to stop well above his groin area. I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of confirming what I felt, or the possibility of him catching me red-handed staring at his Johnson. Either way, I manage to stop my eyes from wandering too far down, and they end up focusing on his.

His eyes are still on my belly, their pale blue hue so direct and piercing it's almost as if he can see through my belly, and for a second, I actually picture him as Superman looking through my body with his awesome X-ray vision. I scoff at myself internally at the silly thought as he remains focused on what he's doing and completely unaware of his superhero role in my random thought.

His expression is thoughtful and focused as he proceeds to continue with his probing, gently pressing around the same region that caused my sudden jolt to see if it will happen again.

And eventually, it does, but a lot less dramatically this time as his fingers don't apply as much pressure on me as they did before.

"Here," he finally says, lightly tapping about two inches above my belly button. "This seems to be where your discomfort is originating from. I can feel a bit of unusual hardness right in this area here...almost like a mass."

His fingertip circles the small patch of belly in question, warming the skin there. I don't understand—and honestly don't quite believe—how the hell a clinical exam is actually making me feel horny.

"You said they've been becoming more frequent recently?" he asks, removing me from my deviant thoughts.

"Yes," I whisper. I don't know why I'm whispering.

"Do you do a lot of abdominal or torso intensive exercises?"

"Yes. For vocal lessons."

He looks up at me momentarily. "You sing?"

I nod. "Yes."

"Hmm. I guess music runs in your family, too," he says with an encouraging smirk. "And has this issue ever occurred while you were singing or during your vocal lessons?"

I nod more emphatically. "Yes, a lot of times. In fact, it kept happening quite a bit this morning. It's never been this bad. That's why I was concerned and came over here after visiting the school clinic."

Somehow, I feel better after telling him that, like I'm sharing a problem with him that he wants to help me with, even though I know he's just doing his job.

I'm still trying very hard to ignore the fact that I know his hard-on is still there, standing at attention in confinement just below me.

His hands move away from my body as he leans back in his chair, effortlessly draping the stethoscope around his neck once more before he proceeds to take down some notes in my folder.