Chapter Forty-Nine

💕Author's Note: Hey, gorgeous! Read ahead (over 100 chapters) by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

💗💗💗

I arch my brow at his apparent lack of concern at the implications of what he's proposing.

"Because you asked her to?" I repeat incredulously. "You're just going to comfortably sit there and tell me in that douchey ass tone of yours that you pretty much sent Mindy to tell me that you want to have sex with me?"

He nods. "Correct. And you have thirty calendar days to agree to or decline my offer," he explains. "Make no mistake, this is a business offer. I have every intention of paying you well for your services...if they satisfy me, of course."

I put my palm out in a stopping motion. "Wait, wait, wait...is this what you meant when you said I'd find out soon enough?" I ask as a deep scowl takes over my face. "Is this your condition?"

"It is," he simply says, the calm in his voice almost eerie. "I also want to make a point in telling you that I'm actually being quite generous with the amount of time I'm giving you to make your decision."

Holy mother of God, I can't even fucking blink right now. I can't suppress the loud, incredulous scoff that leaves me, raising my hands high in a show of pure and utter disbelief.

I don't even know if it's worth asking at this point, but I do, anyway. "Have you gone completely insane?"

"No," he says with the same simple, aloof tone. It obviously wasn't really a question, but he's deciding to be smart with me all the same.

"You have a wife!" I yell. I don't want to raise my voice in a professional place of work, but his nonchalance about such a serious suggestion is beyond mind-boggling!

The frown returns to his lips. "One, that's not a question, either. And, two, what does that have to with anything?"

My eyes go wide as hell. "What does that have to do with anything? Are you fucking kidding me?!"

This man is clearly insane for even so much as suggesting something like this, and I'm clearly twice as insane for sitting here and actually listening to him blatantly entertain the idea for even a second.

I just can't believe that I'm really having this conversation with him. It doesn't even make any sense! No sense whatsoever!

Why on Earth would a guy as gorgeous and successful as he is, with a wife who could very possibly be a frickin' Victoria's Secret model, even want to pay for sex? And with me of all people?!

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that I'm actually in this situation at all. This is beyond crazy!

I need a moment—several, in fact—to just take all of this in, or at least do my best to not completely freak the hell out on him.

My eyes dart toward the picture frame on his desk and land on the images it contains. I feel bile immediately rising in my throat. It's as if his wife is staring right at me from this angle.

I can't take another second of this.

This man is even more bonkers than I thought if he actually thinks that this is something I'd actually consider doing with him—or any other married man, for that matter.

I rise from my seat on slightly wobbly legs, although I'm not sure if it's the immense sexual tension between us that's making them like that, or the immense guilt that's quickly creeping its way into the pit of my stomach.

"Well, Doctor Frost, I don't need thirty days to tell you that I'm not a whore, so I'll have to respectfully decline your oh-so generous offer," I say with a clearly fake smile, my tone drenched in a large bucket of sarcasm.

He eyes me intently, almost as if he's suspicious of something, and then his frown is quickly replaced by a sly grin.

"What?" I say in annoyance, trying with all my might not to sound or look like his eyes don't feel like a million candles burning all over me at once.

He rises from his seat again, his body towering over me once more. Even though his large desk separates us, I can clearly feel the immense sexual energy between our bodies.

He comes around his desk, moving closer and closer to me. Oh God, this can't be good. I really can't be around him right now. Heck, after today, I can't be around him ever again!

My body is wound so tightly and my pussy is throbbing so hard that if I don't leave right now, I swear I'm going to explode into a billion pieces.

He stops just a few inches away from me, and I immediately feel the tips of my fingers twitching uncontrollably. They're shaking so badly that I'm almost tempted to ask him if I might have a neurological disorder or something.

My legs instinctively move on their own, taking a few steps backward to put some distance between their owner and the icy eyes that are casually roaming over her and scorching her skin to the point of blistering in the process.

"Well then," he says, his voice smug as he easily closes the distance I just put between us again, "I suppose we have nothing further to discuss on the matter. However, in case you change your mind," he traces a finger down the side of my face, "consider this day one, and your countdown begins...now."

***

💕Author's Note: Hey, again! We'll post one chapter every Friday, but there are currently over 140 chapters, so this may take a while. If you just can't wait, you can read ahead by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

Your support is greatly appreciated

Your support is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading! And don't forget to VOTE, SHARE and COMMENT! Love ya :).

XOXO 😘

Eme and the hearts @EmendedHearts 💕