Problems

This part has mentions of disability, homophobic and transphobic topics, along with panic attacks.

He woke up the next morning and looked at Jones bed, it was empty and the sheets lay on the floor. He got up and threw on a plain white t-shirt also changing into a pair of black sweatpants and put Jones's sheets back onto his bed. He grabbed his key, and started walking till he got to the elevator to the first floor. When he got off he walked to the cafeteria to grab a coffee.

"Walter over here!" Jones was waving his hand in the air frantically trying to get Walter's attention. Walter waved back then grabbed a coffee and went to sit down with Jones. Jones had three pancakes and a pile of bacon, both completely covered in syrup, on the side he had a cup of apple juice.

"Sooo, how'd you sleep?" Jones asked as Walter sat down, he grumbled and sipped more of his coffee. "Not good I'm guessing?"

"Nope, not good at all." He drank more coffee then set his mug on the table.

"Well better get as much sleep as you can while you're on Earth." Jones picked up his apple juice and took a sip.

"What do you mean by that?" He took another sip of his coffee after asking.

"We are going to space in a week!" Walter spat his coffee all over Jones giving him tiny burns all over his arms.

"God why do you like your coffee so hot?" Jones grabbed some napkins and started cleaning himself off with them.

"WHAT? A WEEK?" Walter yelled, people started looking in their direction.

"Yup, so you better get packing." He threw the coffee napkins on the table, then took a few pieces of bacon in his plate and shoved them in his mouth.

"How are you not freaking out? In a week we are going to be as far away from our families as we ever will be!" Walter threw his hands in the air which got some more people to look in his direction.

"I guess, but just listen, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Jones grabbed Walter's arm from hitting someone that was walking by.

"I understand that Jones." Walter put his arms in his lap and started fidgeting with his ring. "But there won't be any internet to even contact our family, no service, no communication, just me and you" His face turned stern, pissed that Jones he had to spend probably the rest of his life with this delinquent.

"True, but like you just said to me and you, it's not like we will be completely alone!"

"I guess," Walter sighed. "When do we leave?"

"The shuttle takes off on Friday at five." Jones shoved a pancake into his mouth.

"At night?"

"Yup." Jones said with his mouth still full of pancake. "We will get fitted for suits tomorrow."

"Cool." Walter looked down at his lap to see he was still fidgeting with his ring.

"I know right!" Jones threw his hands in the air, regaining the lost attention that had just left. "I'm so excited!" Walter let out a small laugh as Jones shoved the rest of his pancakes and syrup covered bacon into his mouth. He looked down at his lap, still fidgeting with his ring. Being here was already hard for him. How could he stay in space away from his husband?

"Hey." Jones said after he swallowed all his food. He reached over the table and put his hand on Walter's shoulder. "I know this is hard for you, but I'll be here for you the whole way. Plus this could be the adventures of Jones and Walter!" Walter laughed.

"Why do you get to go first?"

"'Cause I'm better." Jones put his arms on his waist and did an awkward superhero pose. Walter laughed again then looked up. Jones was staring at him and their eyes met. His brown eyes meet Jones's eyes that are filled with pride.