6. Not the brightest

BEEP BEEP BEEP
The obnoxious blaring beep of her alarm clock screeches from Avery's desk. Avery has always hated waking up. 'I haven't even gone to school yet and I already want to drop out. Is that normal?' Averys room is quite strange..... The walls are grey and are lined sporadically with Christmas lights and fake green spider webs. She found them when going through this random storage room and pulled out the things she thought where 'pretty'. Her desk has a hideous porcelain doll (which she thinks is 'adorable' ) with a missing eye and is littered with miscellaneous items. Her curtain and bed sheets are a sage green and her carpet is brown.  Like a bird, she has random items she likes thumbtacked into her walls. She knows nothing of decor. Her favorite chip bag, A chunk of Jess's hair (she claims that 'I won that fight fair and square' but truthfully...she did not.), This really ugly leaf that Fell on her face, a dollar she 'borrowed' ( stole ) from snipes money collection, some of the old animal pictures from the farm house and her favorite knife stabbed into the sheet rock. Snipe doesn't know about that last one and I would love to keep it that way. Avery stands up and stretches, cracking all of her creaky bones while walking to her closet. Now, I'm no fashionista so  my input really shouldn't matter but... Avery is absolutely horrendous at coordinating out fits. Her closet doesn't have much in it but it really doesn't matter because they wear uniforms here. After she puts her uniform on (minus the neck tie cause she dosent understand much ) she scans over herself  in the mirror, running her fingers through her thick brown hair and letting out a loud yawn. She rubs the sleep out of her eyes. Her eyes were brown before all of this...  now their black. Fully black. 'I need to be hired for some kind of horror movie at this point... the claws, horns, tail and black eyes really just scream 'I'm going to eat your children!!'  Why did my eyes even turn black? Betzy's eyes were brown... maybe she wanted them black?'
"HURRY IT UP IN THERE KIDDO!!! YOU CANT BE LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY!!!"
Jess screams from the living room. It's pointless to scream when she has heightened senses... a sigh leaves her lips.
'Silly silly Jess.'

The living room has Christmas lights hung all around it much like her bedroom. They saw that she liked them so they hung them everywhere they could. Avery must make horrible decisions contagious because the living room is simply outrageous.
"Oh my goody goodness! Snipeyyy! Look at how cute the kid looks!!! Oh avery.... Your all grown up!!!"
Jess lunges for Avery pulling her into a bone crushing hug. 'Can't...breathe.' Snipe notices her struggle and pulls them apart, hugging her more gently. She gasp for air filling her previously empty lungs. 'God, I love air.'
"Your gonna have so much fun today Avery! Now remember if you get scared,
Or miss me, or the kids bully you, or maybe you feel really nervous-."
Snipe keeps ranting listing various reasons for Avery to need his help. 'Their more scared of me going to school than I am!' Jess looks absolutely horrified at all the possibilities he didn't think of until snipes rant. 'Sometimes I really worry about these two. How did they survive so long without us betz?' Snipe shakes Avery causing her to stop zoning out.
"Are ya even listening to me ave? *sigh* just uh- just remember me and Jess are working here and you know where to find us. Okay? Okay! No need to be scared!"
She makes a blank face at him.
"Snipe... your more scared than me. You two need to trust me. I'll do fine so worry about yourselves!"
Snipes shoulders sag and Jess makes a pouty face.
"I'm sorry ave..."
Snipe looks like a lost puppy when he's sad.
"We just can't help but worry about you! We really love you kid!"
She drags snipe next to Jess and hugs them both.
"I know, I know! I love you guys too! If anything goes wrong I'll be right at one of y'all's doors. I promise."
Todays gonna be a good day.

Maybe today isn't gonna be a good day...
Avery watches as a loud blonde with evil red eyes, sneakily takes pictures of a student with short spiked brown hair, smallish square shaped eyes with black pupils, a large roundish nose and thick dark lips. 'Is the blonde boy stalking brunette? What am I supposed to do?' Usually when you see a stalking in action, you do the right thing and report it. Unfortunately for us, Avery is quite slow and truly has no clue what to do in this situation. So she does what she thinks is sensible and chunks a rock at the back of the blondes head. 'Oh shit... is he passing out!!? Wait no this —this is good! He was a bad guy! A villain! He was stalking an innocent stranger just trying to get to class.' Avery walks up to the blonde and grabs the phone used to take the creepy stalker photos. Once again not knowing what to do she adds her email and sends every. Single. Photo. Of the random brunette to her very old e-mail which she forgot the password to. The photos range from him eating his dinner to him sleeping. How he got those pictures? Well, who's to say! A determined blonde will do anything they set their mind too. Little to Avery's knowledge the blonde has woken up and is reaching for her shoulder.
"...hey."
Avery jumps back at the sudden shock of the boys raspy voice and touch. 'Oh no! The villain woke up! He's gonna kill me! What do I do?!'
As we already know... Avery is quite (extremely) slow, so she does the most sensible thing and knocks him out yet again.
"Y'know what? I'm pretty good at this hero stuff!" A bright innocent smile lights up her face as the 5 minute bell starts ringing. 'I know what that means! Snipe said I have 5 minutes to get to class when that bell rings! God I am so smart... I think I'm winning at school. But... what should I do with his body? He's probably learned his lesson so I doubt they'll execute him... oh, I know! I'll just hide the body!' Avery suddenly jumps up and grabs the blondes feet, dragging him behind a bush and leaving him there. 'Alright class! Here I come!'

Avery isn't very bright...

A/N
(I switched up my writing style this chap and I'll probably keep it that way. pls bear with me. Also I'm writing this completely unplanned as a way to kill time so I'm gonna count it as a crack fic. The story changes based on my current thoughts sooo, mb)