𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕

carmen

"So." Maikel looked back and forth between us, smacking his lips. "What were you doing before I came home?"

"I was helping her revise." Damian spoke and my eyes widened. I turned to face him but his eyes were on Kai, with a huge smirk on his face.

"With what?"

"Accounting. I tested her." He continued teasing and I inched closer to Damian, harshly stepping on his toes with my heel. He didn't move at all, as a result, gripping my hand with his under the island counter.

Kai narrowed his eyes, rolling a lip into his mouth as he desperately tried figuring out the lie. "I don't believe you, but honestly, this whole thing is still weird so I don't want to get involved in whatever it is you guys do. And Carmen, I'm still hurt that the one guy you choose to like is my best friend. Do you not see the whole school full of boys right in front of you? It's not like you see me hanging out with your friends."

"Firstly, are you forgetting about the whole Adam situation? And not to mention ever since I started high school, you've literally turned down every guy on behalf of me. And the only reason why you don't hang out with my friends is because you choose not to. Not my fault."

He seemed taken aback that I actually stood up for myself for once instead of going along with what people say. "I didn't need a run down explanation of how your life works. Stop arguing with me in front of other people, idiot." Kai flicked my head and I smacked his hand away. We were only joking in the end, our relationship was very much like this.

"Oh don't mind me, this is kinda turning me on." Damian chuckled and I tore my hand away from his, side eyeing him.

"You fucking perv, man!" Maikel snatched the closest object to him, which in this case happened to be an apple, and rammed it at his chest, creating a thud noise. Damian hunched over, clutching his T shirt and groaning.

"Ow you dickhead, I was joking. What's gotten you in such a pissy mood, today?" He grumbled, bracing a hand out onto the counter to stabilize himself.

"I'm surprised you forgot. Someone." Maikel snapped his face to me and grit his jaw. "Forced me to drive Nila fucking Java to her volleyball meet or whatever. I have to get her in fifteen minutes."

"Oh, crap! That was today?" It must explain why Nila was acting off as well.

"Yes, and I've been dreading it for days now. I have to drive two hours there with Nila, watch her play a couple of shitty games then drive back. And all I'm gonna get in return is fucking attitude from her annoying mouth. If you could drive, then I wouldn't be stuck with this fucking problem." Maikel rubbed his jaw and adjusted the hairs falling from his backward cap.

"That won't be a problem since someone's forcing me to get my driver's license. Just take her today and stop complaining, please. This meet is important to her, so don't do anything to mess it up."

"Yeah, whatever. I've gotta go before she punches me for being late or some shit. Love you, Cammy." Kai ruffled my hair and Damian's. "Love ya, bro."

"Fuck off." Damian slapped his head and laughed at my brother's misery.

Maikel left the apartment eventually after complaining a little more. "You helped me revise? You're kidding."

"What did you want me to say? Oh, not much Maikel. Just ate your sister's pussy out seconds before you walked through the front door. How was your day? Would that have been better?" Damian chuckled, smiling at his own freaking joke. Who even does that?