Chapter 6

The silence between Mile and Apo is getting awkward.

Apo can feel Mile is getting nervous. He has been shaking his feet under the desk for awhile, even the desk shakes along with his movement. To make the matter worse, Mile's pen hasn't moved from that page and he is pretty sure Mile poked a hole through the paper. His thick brows furrow, unconsciously bite his lips from time to time, and fast breathing.

Mile feels uneasy.

Mile sneakily glances to Apo's side many times. His mind wonders back to that dream where he kissed Apo.

Apo is his friend.

His lips are cherry red.

His amber colored eyes are beautiful.

His cute cheeks.

His stubble.

And again, his cherry lips.

Friend can kiss too.

Yes, friend kiss too.

Yes, keep telling yourself that, Mile Phakphum Romsaithong.

Since when he has feeling for Apo? Did it happen when Apo wanted to take him out for a date? That was not a date.

But when he saw Apo smiled brightly while cheering him from the audience, Mile felt happy. It is nice to have someone cheering you on and loving what you do.

But that cheer was also for Jeff.

He is losing his mind.

"Are you feeling well, Mile?". Apo decided to end this awkwardness.

"N..o... yes... Yes. Sure. I am fine. Really fine.". No, he doesn't feel fine.

"You look pale. Are you sure?" Apo reaches out his hand to Mile's forehead trying to check his temperature.

Mile quickly lean aside so Apo can't touch him.

"I'm always pale, Apo. Don't worry. Focus on your paper "

"You're being weird dude."

Damn right he's being weird. All he can think of is kissing Apo's lips.

What if Mile confesses? Will he scares Apo away? Does Apo even like men? What if he destroys this precious friendship?

He can take Apo's hand and walks with him on liesures days. They can go to the temples to make merit together. Apo can attend every of his performances as a boyfriend, sit among the audiences. Apo will smile, clap, cheer, and sing along to his songs. Apo will sleep on his bed in his arms. He will place a morning kiss on his forehead everyday. They will share sweet kisses or a quick sneaky peck on the lips at school. He will help his boyfriend to study then they will enroll in Thammasat together. And then they live happily together forever.

And then ...

Nothing.

Mile grips onto the pen so tight that his fingers turn white. The words and numbers on the paper start to blur, he can't see anything at all. He's fighting himself not to turn aside and confess his feeling for the boy next to him. Suddenly, he feels a tap on his arm.

"You have a nice watch. Is it expensive?"

"This one is a Rolex. It's vintage so it's kinda expensive." Thanks to the Gods that Apo starts a conversation first before Mile loses his mind.

"That's really nice. Can I have a closer look?".
Apo reaches out to Mile's wrist. When his fingers touche it, Mile flinges and stands up from their chair.

"It's late. You should leave. See you tomorrow." Mile hides his arm behind him.

"O...OK... Mile... I..."