Chapter 7

Notes:
Sorry for not updating for a very long time. Hope you will enjoy this short chapter

===

"I have to go."

Apo quickly removes the arms wrapped around his waist and stands up. He can feel those arms tightly wrap on his waist, but when he tries to remove them, Mile doesnt resist. He can easily do it.

Mile never intents to force him to do anything.
Its him that doesnot have the gut to turn around to look at Mile. It's him that in serious confusion about Mile's confession.

What does he feel about Mile?

A new friend?

Apo never has any romantic feeling towards anyone.

Suddenly, Mile reaches out and catches Apo's hand. He carefully places it on his right cheek to show his affection.

"I do not want to force you to give me an answer now. All I ask for is a chance." Mile takes a deep breathe.

"Please don't be afraid of me." Mile's voice cracks a little.

This makes Apo feels very bad about his reaction. He doesnot want to hurt Mile. It definitely caught him off guard, he doesnot know how to react properly.

Apo slowly turns around and look at Mile in the eyes. He softly caress his thumb on Mile's cheek.

"I will never be afraid of you. I just need to go home and think it through."

"Message me when you're at home."

"See you at school."

Mile walks Apo out of the door. He waves at him, try to compose and control himself not to touch Apo again. He cannot afford to actually scare him away and spiral down to the deep dark cold place all alone. He has tasted the sweetness of love, the warmth of sunshine, and the anciuous of waiting for something undecided. He is not going to let it slip by easily.

---

The numbers in Apo's math text book keep dancing in circle. And why that equation show "Love equals Mile"? What is happening with him?

Since he got back home, he cannot concerrate in anything. He tried to busy himself from thinking to much by doing more homework but that doesnot work apparently.

He never feels romantically to anyone, female or male. It's not like he discriminate against homosexual relationship, he and Mile are friends. However, being with Mile makes him happy. He has never experienced anything like this with other friends.

Mile takes him to his gigs, his practice sessions with Jeff, helps him with school, walks with him, listens to his long and silly stories, and many more. Apo feels like his inner child is safe with Mile.

The phone screen lights up with a new notification.

"Are you OK, Apo?"

"Haven't received any text from you. Are you home?"

"Please... "

"I'm worried."

Its not Apo intend to ignore Mile. He just doesnt know how to face this "issue" between them.

Apo feels the phone keep vibrating on his study desk. Mile is calling him. And he is not going to pick up. He sits there and stares at the phone until it goes dark again. Mind blank. Apo decides to take a shower to refresh his mind and goes to bed early. He will meet Mile tomorrow at school.

Tuck himself to bed, Apo reaches to his phone to see more LINE notifications.

"Can you call me back?"