Chapter 1 Why must I be the one who gets married?

For 97 years the Avilen kingdom now newly appointed queendom and the Dyrk kingdom have been at war. No one knows how it started as there are many different stories about it. But everyone knows why the war started. You might ask why and it is because the monarchs of both kingdoms from 97 years ago wanted to determine which of them has the strongest military. As such the war started, not for resources, not for food but for a strength competition. Because both countries were once a part of the same country and have now been separated for about 600 years, throughout history, both kingdoms have had a love-hate relationship. A deep sibling rivalry. They compete with each other but unite when an outside threat is coming. But 8 years ago in the Avilen kingdom for some mysterious reasons, the children of the Avilen royal line started to mysteriously die of one after another, causing the king to worry greatly, after all, he was reaching 65 soon, and all his children and their children has died of. So he started to search the kingdom of illegitimate children. This course was done in secret and he managed to find 3 grandchildren but none of them had any redeeming qualities for a good ruler. But that is when he found the daughter of his second son, the woman that his son married ran away more than a decade ago, and as it turns out she was pregnant with a daughter. 

That daughter was a very clever and brilliant child and was a perfect candidate for the throne. But before he could bring her back he needed to change some of the rules of the kingdom so that both men and women can inherit the throne, there was some resistance but it did not take long for it to fall through. Once it did he when as fast as he could to bring his grandchild back but there was one thing he overlooked. That child has a younger half-sister by one year and his grandchild refused to go with him if her sister could not come along. So he decided that her sister could go with her but they needed to hide that they are half-sisters, instead, they are twins. He also added that her sister needed to always wear a mask on her face that most importantly hides her eye color. His grandchild agreed and they quickly returned to the palace. That is when gave the children a high-end education. As he expected his granddaughter to be brilliant and even exceeded his expectations, but the other child while great at math and biology was very bad at the other things, and most important of all she failed etiquette. This was deplorable for a royal lady to fail at, even if she is a fake. But one day he made a great discovery, he is actually a genius when it comes to swordsmanship, in fact, she already knew a little more than the basics. So he thought if he could not nurture a perfect lady to be proud of the will nurture a powerful knight instead. That decision was proven to be more than the right choice. In just 2 years she has become a swordmaster. So at the age of 17, he sent that girl to war at the disapproval of his granddaughter.

That child quickly went up the ranks in the army, but she was also despised by almost everyone, so when she reached the rank of the Avilen's third general, she is the first general in history who have only 4 people at her command. She was given the nickname The lone general. She is feared by the enemy and despised by her allies. And she also wore a huge helmet that covers her face and never took it off in front of peapole. Though there are rumors that the people in her unit have seen her face before. The war continued for 9 years and 3 months ago the king died and the queen took over the throne. 

The queen did not like her sister fighting in the war but she could not stop it without many casualties to her queendom after all if she surrendered the Avilen queendom could become a vassal state of the Dyrk kingdom. But then there started to become a huge increase of demonic beasts at the northern border between both countries. Although the people who live in that place are mostly nomads and other tribes and their control of that place has been given up many times because no one sent there has been capable of uniting the tribs or wiping them out entirely. Because almost all who live there are very skilled warriors or magic users as they need to fight the demonic beasts almost evry day. So even though that is very fertile and has many luxury resources no one has been able to take control of it. That place was named the Harsh Lands.