Chapter 3 Before the Wedding (Part 2)

After hearing her agreement Maryden started to tell Dina all about her comrades since soon they will all work together and she talked about them with gentleness.

Maryden: " Since it is so late now, I will not bother to introduce you to my comrades that will go with me so I will instead tell you about them. Of course, I will still introduce you to them for real before the wedding. I am very close with the for of them, we have even made a blood sibling oath together."

Dina: " Then you must be very close, I only know a little about it what is it exactly I only know that is a promise you make to your closest friends."

Maryden: " It is more than that when you make that oath you use a bit of your life force to form a contract. That life force will be mixed in with the person you make the oath with and then you will be bound together until one of them dies. Once that contract is done you won't be able to hurt each other in any way because if you do your life force will be drained by the person you made the oath with. The oath is equal to everyone, it basically means that you trust that person with your life. Of course, there are some quirks, with this contract, like you can sense where that person is and if your connection is broken you know that the other person has perished."

Dina: " Oh, it is much more dangerous than I thought."

Maryden: " It is not as long as you don't hurt the other party, and who would be stupid enough to make such a contract with someone you don't trust."

Dina: " You are right."

Maryden: " Anyway, lest start with the person a meet first. His name is Iven, and he is an excellent doctor who can cure Humans, animals, and even beastmen. Although he was at the top of the military medical team he lost his position when he prioritized a beast man over a human soldier. Even though the beast man's injuries were a lot more severe I got into trouble for it and was demoted to a nurse. Felling sorry that his talent was wasted when I became a general I asked him to join me instead and he agreed. Next up is Vivin, I cant tell you the details about her without her permission what do can tell you is that she is a fox beastmen that I rescued and now she works for me. Next up is Arock, he is actually a wandering warrior from the Harsh lands. He is from the Qanocey tribe and took off on a journey to challenge strong fighters. One day he challenged me and since I won it is apparently within his tribe's tradition that they will follow the person who defeated him during his wandering trail. I was the last on his list and if he was able to defeat me he would return to his tribe and become an elite warrior of his tribe. He is also a so-called hyena beast man. And last we have Saplem who is an elf without a clan, I meet him when he was trying to steal some food supplies from the army. I caught him and locked him up, he escaped many times but my people always caught him after 5 minutes of his freedom. Seeing this I thought he was talented and recruited him as a spy, it turned out that not only was he a great spy but also a great alchemist."

Dina: "Wow they all sound like exciting people I can't wait to meet them."

Maryden:" I am glad you think so."

( At the barracks of the 5th army of Dyrk)

Lucius has arrived together with Simone and as they watch over the training ground they notice, his soldiers training their swordsmanship with only pants on. The soldiers over 200 are all working hard, sweating and shouting so to keep focus. The one overseeing them is Lucius second in command Calvest. He is very tall and neat and with just one look you can tell that he is the disciplinary sort. He has white skin, blue eyes, and short wavy black hair. He has a big scar on his face after an arrow wound. As the soldier finally notices their general they stop for a moment to greet him but he raises his hand indicating that she should continue and that they do. Lucius then walks towards Calvest with a domineering stride and asks Calvet: " How is the training going?"