Chapter 8 Afterparty (part 1)

Now that the wedding ceremony is done they are now entering the after party that holds place at another part of the palace. The queen is hosting a huge banquet with socializing and dancing beforehand. Normally it would be the wedding couple who hosted the advent but since this is the palace it is the queen who is the host and it is not unheard of that at times the sibling of one of the wedded is the one hosting if the other one cant do it. So right now Maryden and Lucius are relatively free as they don't need to greet the guests. So Lucius brings her along to meet his family that could attend and the 4 people who are not only his friends but works under him as well. The first they greeted is his family, everyone except his younger brother should attend so both his sisters and his mother are there. His father died long ago. Unlike Lucius, his mother has a white skin tone but they share the same hair color and eye color. It is his late father that had very dark skin, he is somewhere in the middle between his parents. His mother is what you would call an old cougar so her eyes are very flirtatious. His sister are twins and they have a lot darker skin tone than their brother. Both have black hair while one of them has red eyes and the other has purple eyes, The sister with purple eyes has short hair while the other has long silky hair.

Lucius: " This is my mother Gabriella Fireoak and my sisters, Alldana Fireoak and Laura Fireoak. Alldana is the one with red eyes."

Laura: " Brother is that all, is that how you introduce your wife to your inlaws? You are talking like we are not important."

Lucius:" Hay, me telling her which twin is which is how I am being respectful. If you were not my sister and she was not my wife I would not even have bothered."

Laura: " You... you little..." Alldana grabs her sister's arm and tells her to calm down. Seeing Lucius argue with his sister makes Maryden space out a little. How long was it she was able to be like this with her own sister? She doesn't remember, it must be before they moved to the castle. She is so zoned out that she doesn't notice Gabriella looking at her curiously. It is like she is trying to find out if she would be fun to play with. Like a cat looking at a bird. But there is no hostility in her gaze at all, that is probably why she doesn't notice it since if she had any bloodlust leaking out she would have sensed it. But once Lucuius stopped arguing with his sister he notices the way his mother looks at his wife.

Lucius: " Mother, what are you planning you are not allowed to play around with my wife.Like you do with other women." He says threateningly. Hearing this Gabriella and his sisters looks at him with surprise while Maryden just looks confused.

 Gabriella: " You... since when did you know how to protect women?"

Lucius: " I don't, I only know how to protect my wife." Hearing his declaration Maryden blushes a little under her mask. No one except her biological father has ever protected her like this before. She is a little happy and embarrassed. Could it be that he wanted to be her friend just like she wants to be with him?

 Gabriella continues to be surprised hearing her son say that, he never cared about women who are not blood-related to him before, and not only is his wife someone who I know nothing about not long ago they tried to kill each other. Wait don't tell me that this little bastard fell in love at first sight. Oh my god, hahaha, who would have thought that he become the type of person he despises the most? A lovestruck fool who loves a stranger. This is so funny.

While Gabriella is laughing but in her mind her expression turns from surprised to serious.

 Gabriella:" Son, come over here I have something important to tell you. Only you should hear it."

Seeing his mother's serious expression he gets a little tense. Could it be that my mother dont agree with me wanting to protect her? Well, she is someone who has killed many of our people. Thinking this he leans forwards stiffly so that he can let his mother whisper in his ear. Hopefully, he is wrong. Gabriella starts to whisper into his ear and her eyes change from serious to mischievous without him knowing.

Gabriella: " Son listen closely this is very important." Hearing this he nods and she continues to speak.

Gabriella: " You see..."

Lucius: " What is it?" He asks worriedly.

Gabriella:" Try not to finish too fast, I know that you have no experience in bed. So do your better not to cum too soon, what if my daughter-in-law is dissatisfied with your service and runs away. I know that you are now bound for eternity but she can still go somewhere you can't find her." Hering this his face turns red, he has never lost his composer like this in his whole life. But hearing his mother's teasing words he is furious and embarrassed at the same time. It did not matter to him that she saw through him, she is his mother after all that is what mothers do. But teasing her own son like this is just too much so he steps away and glares at her coldly. So coldly that it sends shivers down Gabriella's spine. But who is she she is his other after all so she just looks at him with a gloating in her eyes. Knowing that there is nothing he can do to his mother. He grabs Marydens hand and walks away as if running away.

Lucius: " I will leave now, I still need to introduce my wife to my friends." Seeing him leaving his sisters gets confused and asks their mother what happened. Hearing her daughter's inquiry she laughs out loud and tells them about all that happened and both of them also found it very funny. Especially Lura. Although Lucius ran away, he did not lie he really did go to look for them and it did not take long to find them. All 4 of them are hanging out together in a corner speaking to each other. Calvest and Simone are among them and the other 3 are also soldiers in the army. When they see Lucuis walking towards them they are stunned. Their general is holding has with a woman! Even though they are married they did not expect this to happen at all. At least not so soon. Calvest is surprised but quickly calms down, this is a good thing. Simone on the other hand has mixed feelings. It is good that he wants to be close to his wife but that woman where their enemy. Shouldn't they bond first over time so that they know that they can trust each other? Or maybe that woman is just going along with Lucius's whims? 

But remember that they made a blood oath he calms down. It doesn't matter she may be able to him but she cant betray him. The other 2 on the other hand have very different opinions. One of them looks at her with slight hatred just like the Marydens ally soldiers. The other one looks at them with curiosity and mischievousness. Hungry for gossip. 

Lucius: " I will introduce them in order of rank, First is my second in command Calvest Boneeheart, then my third in command Simone Wolfpaw. The captain of the first regiment, Duke de Faust. And lastly the captain of our spy unit Zevry Marriw."

Duke is the person who looked at her with unwelcome. He has pale skin, blond fluffy hair, and black eyes. Zevry on the other hand has long black hair in a pigtail, light brown skin, and black eyes. He has also a big scar over his face.

Maryden: " Hello." She says calmly and respectfully. Seeing her attitude the 4 of them calm down a little. It seems that she doesn't have any hatred for Dyrkiens. That is a good thing but the atmosphere becomes a little award as they don't know how to continue the conversation. So they just stand there in awkward silence.