Chapter 6 The wedding (part 1)

Maryden gets led to the dressing room where a few maids are waiting for her. Although she can tell that they are uncomfortable in her presence they are more well-trained than the other maids. They dont cower in fear, nor try to run away. They are true professionals. They start with taking off her clothes first. Reveling her well-trained body and slight curves. There are a few scars here and there on her body but they are very faint and can only be seen if you look closely with the exception of one giant scar on her back. and they remove the veil that is attached to the mask. Then they give her a blindfold and ask her to put it on instead of the mask. saying so they turn around so as to not look on her face. She removes the mask and puts the blindfold on and tells them that she is ready. The maid turns around, takes the mask, and leads her toward a bathtub with rose petals and a rose-scented fragrance added in. She sits inside the bathtub and lets the maids clean her. They are being very gentle and careful as if they are afraid to do a mistake that will cost them their lives. Which makes her very uncomfortable but she does not show it. But it has also been a long time since she has gotten this service and she is not used to it. Once they have cleaned her body and beautiful green hair they lead her up from the bathtub to sitt on a chair in front of a mirror.

Then they use a magic tool that has a mirror-like shape, this is a hairdryer and only people with a lot of money can buy them since they are very expensive. They just need to put that tool on her wet hair to start it and it will automatically stop once the hair is dry. Then they carefully comb her hair and waterfall braids it and add a bun at the back of her head. The next step is to put on the wedding dress. The dress has a high neckline, and long loose sleeves That are short at the front but long at the back. The back part of the sleeves reaches the floor. The silhouette of the dress is trumpet-shaped and the dress has a Watteau dress train. The base color of the dress is pale silver but the two upper layers of the dress are a translucent lilac-colored fabric the dress train is also in the same color. The top of the dress has cream-colored pearls embroidered in the top part of the dress and a little bit in the middle. At the end of the sleeve and bottom of the dress, there is rose golden embroidery in the shape of flowers and wines. The dress fit her like a glove and speaking of gloves they put on long matching gloves. The next step is to put on hair accessories and they put on a cream golden hair clip comb that has flowers on it. They also add 2 hair clips in the same color on each front side of her head. They are butterflies with some small chains dangling from the butterfly with a tiny amethyst at the end. Next, they give her a silver mask with diamonds on it and have the shape of bird wings. 

And just like last time the maids look away when she takes off the blindfold and put on the mask. After that for the last touch, they put on her ballet wedding veil which is made out of the same translucent fabric that her dress has. Then they give her her bouquet that has hellebore, gardenia, maidenhair fern, and cosmos flower. Just right when she is finished the queen walks in to speak with her sister with just one look she orders the maids to eve the room and gently walks towards Maryden. The queen is wearing as tradition a simple tent dress without any decorations of fancy silhouette. The color of the dress is gray. This is the dress that all woman who is not the bride needs to wear to the wedding according to Dyrk traditions. It is one of the few things that are different between a Dyrk weeding and an Avilen wedding. The wedding dress that Maryden is wearing is a mix of both cultures. The added pearls, embroidery, and silhouette of the sleeves are Dyrkesh while the rest is Avilenish. The hair decor is the same in both countries. Also not adding makeup on your wedding day is a Dyrkesh tradition.

The Queen:" Are you nervous sister?"

Maryden:"..."

The Queen: " Why aren't you answering?"

Maryedn: " ... I don't know."

The Queen: " You, you were this quiet before, what happened in the army? You used to be so fiery."

Maryden: " War happened... obviously and I'm older now."

The Queen: "... I... I am sorry that I could not stop Grandpa." She says as she tries to hold in tears.

Maryden: " The king did what was best for the king... queendom as you did now. I don't blame him. I have no right..."

The Queen: " No right my foot, you were 17 when you went to war and now you are 26 you lost your young adulthood."

Maryden: " And now I am losing my dating rights. Although I doubt that there would be anyone willing to date me."

The Queen: " ... I am sorry, I... I just did not want you to fight in a war that has no ending in sight. I thought I would never see you again."

Maryden:" Well, now and tomorrow might be your last now instead."

The Queen. "Don't jinx it, I am sure that you will survive in the harsh lands and visit me from time to time."

Maryden: " That is not a certainty."

The Queen: " You although you have been fighting in the war for 9 years, don't think that I don't know your plans after the war was over."

Maryden: " Oh..."

The Queen: " You were already planning to go to the harsh lands either way to find Father. Really know I know that you have a blood connection but Mother must have trough him out for a reason."

Maryden: "... She was... she was being prejudiced ... she wronged him. She even put i curse on him."

The Queen: " What, what are you talking about?"

Maryden: " Never mind."

That is when someone knocks on the door telling her that it is time for her to walk the aisle. she and the queen walk out and separate. Maryden follows the servent that informed them.