Chapter 11: My personal nurse

"Come on, Char, it's starting to rain"

"Nick, I told you we needed to bring an umbrella today, now we're probably gonna get soaking wet"

And they definitely did. They were walking back from school and it got to the point where trying to hide from the rain when they were walking down the road didn't matter to Charlie anymore. And he just stood there and turned around enjoying a moment of freedom and rebelion in some way.

"Char, come here, you're gonna catch a cold, baby"

"No, just join me here, big boy. If we're gonna get wet better do it properly, you know"

And Nick simply joined him until they were both soaking wet from head to toe.

Going back home was not a priority anymore.

"Wanna recreate the rain scene from the day we got together?"

"I'd definitely want to go back to that moment now"

"Okay, let me just run to you again"

Charlie just stayed away and then ran to Nick in the same way of anticipation and desire as he did at that moment to properly say goodbye . And the kiss they shared was intimate, passionate and full of everything they meant to each other and everything they've built since then.

A lot had happened. Nick navigated his proper full-on gay crisis, figured out his bisexuality and came out, they were boyfriends now, they were deeply, utterly and, with no shame, disgustingly in love. But after all this time they still had a bit of those two boys who just wanted to get close to each other, in a romantic way, not just a friend way. And look at them now, wanting to believe in something much bigger than just romance. 

"I love you so much"

"I love you more"

"Starting with the competition again?"

"You make it easy for me to do so"

"Why are we like this?"

"No idea, but we're doing a good job and we should carry on"

"Agree, let's just kiss some more so the job is more than good"

And after being just two idiots in love for a bit longer, couple goals definitely fulfilled, they just went back home. Rain has stopped for a bit, but their clothes were definitely not dry whatsoever.

"See you tomorrow, boyfriend"

"Just go get out of those clothes and have a bath, you're dripping"

"You two, just wish it was you taking my clothes off and me dripping something else"

"Char!"

"But parents are at home so... see you tomorrow"

"You are... incredible"

"I know I am, that's why you're obsessed with me"

"Mmmm... maybe... just a little bit"

"Yeah, just a little bit"

"Bye, beautiful"

"Bye, handsome"