🔼Chapter 6: Not Real🔼

"Will you stop narratoring?!"
"Someone has to keep the story going."
They were back to arguing.
Stanley was worried that a monster or entity might find them but he was also worried about Mariella who had become silent and seemed to have this distant look in her eyes.
Stanley rested his hand on her shoulder, as a way of asking if she was alright or if they needed to stop and taking a break.
Mariella stared at him, sighing and rested her hand on his,"I. . . I'm just a little worn from walking.", Mariella didn't let go of his hand, or break eye contact.
There was no way. . .
"We should take a break for a bit, just so we can discuss the right route."
Stanley gave a thumbs up, Mariella nods too and tired to smile.
Stanley sat down, his bucket in his hand and he smiled.
Mariella turned to Narrator and Curator "Can I talk to you both? In. . . Another room?", Narrator and Curator guessed she had some concerns or questions.
They went into an old spacey security room that had a huge window looked down on one of the Factory's work rooms.

"So, what is it?"
Mariella leaned on an old table, turning to them,"Stanley doesn't know-", "He doesn't know what?", Curator and Narrator were confused, Mariella gulped.
"That he's not. . . Real."
Curator paused, slowly turning to Narrator who has become silent and still.
The atmosphere changed, realising she was right; Stanley wasn't real. . . He was. . .
"Stanley thinks he's a real person, okay; Not just some figment of your imagination to use in your story-How could, how could you lie to him?"
"I was trying to protect him!"
They stared at him.
"Yeah, well; Good job with that!"
. . .
Narrator ram his hand through his hair,"This. . . This power of mine it a curse, you two have no idea how lonely it's been until Stanley!", Curator was shocked, stunned and somehow ashamed in herself that she didn't notice.
"He's different. . ."
Narrator took off his glances, looking at the old machines that he would once come by and watch the workers work.
"I wrote him in such a way that he thinks he's real, and he is real to me. . ."
Narrator looked at them,"After Stanley was created. . . I grew a fear of being alone. . .", The Curator's expression softened as did Mariella's after hearing that.
Being alone for so long. . .
The Curator, not to sound offensive or joke, but Narrator always reminded her of a man that would read to kids or grandkids. . .
Was Stanley created or based off someone he knew?
A loved one?
Relative?
Child?
"I don't expect you two to understand. . . You two had been together, I've been alone for so long. . ."
Now it made sense.
Stanley was able to come back because he wasn't real, but he felt real and looked real.
Guess Narrator's Power was getting stronger and he was getting pretty good at creating.
From items. .  . To something that acted and looked so much like a regular human.
. . .
It was probably best to leave Narrator alone for a while, so Curator and Mariella left the room.
Narrator stared at the old machines below. . . Reaching into his pocket, he opened his pocket watch and on the inside of the lid was a picture of an elderly woman, a couple on their wedding day and a small child with a bucket on his head, a stick and on a wooden rocking horse.

Stanley was asleep, in a little ball while holding the bucket.
Mariella glanced at Curator,"Where can we go that's considered. . . Safe, until you and Narrator get control. . .?", The Curator closed her eyes.
. . .
"There is a safe zone for us, but we should wait for Narrator to. . . Gather himself."
"What about. . . Stanley. . .?"
They turned to him, he was real. . . He felt real and acted real; He was human to them.