The Great and Almighty Plan

Soo a little context, Heather and Fishlegs set Astrid and Hiccup up for a 'date'. But not everything goes as planned.. Set in season 4 rtte.

''Fishlegs! Fishlegs, where are you?'' Heather screamed. ''I'm here Heather,'' he smiled.

''Sooo, I've been thinking. Maybe we should set Hiccstrid up for a date,'' she smirked. ''But we've tried so many times, let them just figure it out on their own,'' Fishlegs held her hand. ''Pleasee, just give it one more try,'' Heather gave him puppy eyes. Reluctantly Fishlegs agreed, and Heather kissed him on the cheek.

After walking to Heather's hut

''So what's the plan?'' Fishlegs asked excitedly.

''I was thinking, like we say they gotta test the catapults together, and we'll hide behind the bushes like real spies,'' she chuckled. ''Ooo, oh, and can we bring some popcorn?'' Fishlegs laughed. 

''I'll grab the blanket!'' he snickered.

''And, I will make some food,'' they said goodbye to each other and went on different paths. 

Time skip

Fishlegs and Heather walked into the clubhouse, ''Hey guys, Astrid, Hiccup could you guys do us a favor?'' Fishlegs asked.

''Sure Fishlegs, what is it?'' Hiccup smiled. ''Well.. We were thinking, Heather and I made some adjustments on the catapults, maybe you and Astrid could test it out? We placed it on a rock near the east side of this island,'' he smirked. Astrid gave them a dead glare, Hiccup just looked confused.

''I guess that's not a problem, I could use some fun right now,'' Hiccup giggled. 

''Okay then, here it is located,'' Heather pointed to the location.

Time skip again :)

"Uhm Hiccup, this doesn't look like a catapult to me..'' Astrid looked confused. ''Ohhh, ahhh,'' Hiccup smirked, ''Well, they didn't leave this picnic basket at this beautiful view, for no one to use,'' He laughed.

Fishlegs and Heather's pov.

Heather and Fishlegs finally arrived at their 'spy bushes' 

''Heather, are you sure they won't find out about this?'' He whispered. 

''100%'' she winked at him. 

Hiccstrid's pov.

''Well I wouldn't prefer doing anything else than having a picnic with you milady,'' Hiccup kissed Astrid's cheek. ''The same goes for me, babe,'' she laid her head on his shoulder.

The young couple unpacked the picnic basket. ''Ehm, I could've sworn I saw this basket before,'' she thought out loud. 

The both of them cuddled up, and soon but slowly the both of them fell asleep.

Fishlegs and Heather's pov.

They were still in the biggest shock of their lives. Heather was fangirling and couldn't contain her squealing any longer. 

Suddenly Astrid woke up, ''Hiccup, Hiccup.'' She whimpered. She finally managed to wake him up, ''I heard something behind those bushes.'' Astrid shivered. 

''Okay let's go take a look,'' he groaned, still half asleep. 

They quickly walked towards the bushes. The moment Fishlegs and Astrid knew they were gonna get caught, they ran for their lives, Astrid definitely wouldn't take any mercy. 

The couple didn't get there fast enough, so the only thing they saw were two shadows running for their lives. ''Ta-ta-da, where doomed,'' Hiccup rolled his eyes. 

''Oh tomorrow at breakfast when we'll find out who where spying on us, I'll kill them personally.'' Astrid grinned. ''No you're not doing that m'lady, don't worry it was time we had to tell them anyways,'' he pecked her on the lips and they went to their huts.

Time skip

At breakfast, the gang was whispering and acting weird. ''Uhmm, guys is there something your wrong?'' Hiccup asked politely.

''HICCUP TELL US, NOW ARE ASTRID AND YOU DATING,'' Snotlout screamed.

The couple's faces turned bright red, ''Um.. yes.. we- we're dating..''

Ruff spat her porridge on Tuff, Snotlout gaped at them and Heathlegs was fangirling.

''Soo one last question guys, who were spying on us last night,'' Astrid said with fury. Heather and Fishlegs slowly raised their hands.

🤭