Chapter 2. Journey begins

Six months passed by since the young Uzumaki accepted training from his distant blood ancestor, the Sage of the Six Paths, along with his Tailed Beast partner. The training was severely intense with one session being more excruciating than the one previous, but it was worth it.

Naruto felt his power increase after every training session and was proud of himself and his partner. The Jinchuriki and the Tailed Beast's bond became stronger as they trained together under the older Sage's tutelage, of course they bicker at each other time to time and get on each other's nerves, much to the Sage's amusement, but that's how partners are.

The trio resided in the Six Paths' estate; a large house that could fit 10 families, three kitchen, two swimming pools in the back and lastly a 50 acre training ground with a forge and a blacksmith to create weapons. The estate was a gift from their deities, Kami and Shinigami, to the Sage for his heroic deed of defeating the Ten Tails. When Naruto first arrived at the palace-like estate, his distant blood relatives, the Senju Clan including the Senju Clan Ancestor, greeted him. He was happy to finally meet the powerful clan who founded his home village, Konoha and set the standards that kept the village alive for generations.

The Sage told his young descendant that there will be a final test to see how far he has come and if he's strong/powerful enough to start the journey for the four Sealing Keys. Naruto commented that he'd pass the test with no sweat. That time has come.

-(Training Grounds)-Sage's Estate-

The training ground was meant to endure the toughest and most powerful attacks, but when Naruto Uzumaki battles, all bets are off. There are multiple craters that 20 feet in depth, with smoke emitting from them and lightning seem to fill the atmosphere. The entire Senju Clan was watching the boy battling their ancestor with satisfaction that the Uzumaki Clan is just as strong as them, if not stronger.

An explosion occurred with smoke filling the area, two figures sprinted into the smoke from opposite soon followed by clashes of metal and sparks were seen. Suddenly one of the figures leapt up into air, getting out of the smoke, revealed to be the young Sage. He was no longer wearing his orange jumpsuit and changed his attire to standard Leaf ninja attire, keeping only his black headband with the Leaf symbol engraved metal plate attached to it, and was covered with scratches and bruises.

The young Jinchuriki looked to see the smoke cleared by the wind, revealing his opponent, the Sage with scratches on his attire only. The elder ninja made hand-signs, ending with both of his hands clamped together. "Water Style: Liquid Bullet!" He exhaled a highly pressurized water bullet at the young Sage.

"Okay then," Naruto clamped his hands, channeling chakra in his mouth, "Wind Style: Air Bullet!" He exhaled a highly pressurized air bullet at the incoming water bullet. The contrasting element attacks collided, causing the water to disperse and rain upon the training-turned-battle ground and estate. The blonde ninja was still high in the air when the Six Paths rapidly created hand-signs, making the boy's eyes widen when he recognized the jutsu.

"Oh, boy, I'm still too high. Better come with something fast" whispered Naruto to himself.

The Sage unleashed his attack. "Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu!" A fire dragon appeared from the elder ninja's mouth, rapidly heading towards the young ninja with hands clamped together again.

"Wind Style: Stream!" Naruto exhaled a stream of wind, rapidly pushing him out of the flame's trajectory, missing its target. The young Uzumaki landed on the ground softly, stood up, and stared at his opponent who had a smirk on his face. During the six months, the blonde ninja underwent elemental training once again to get stronger and as a result, he completely mastered his primary elemental chakra to the point that he no longer needs to do hand-signs to perform Wind Style Ninjutsu, but as for the other elements, that's a different story.