Chapter 3. The Group Is Reunited

-(The Next Day)-With Naruto-

Naruto's eyes moved a little in response from the sun's rays, slowly opened them after. "Morning, already?" He slowly got up from a sofa that he was sleeping on, popped his joints then looked out of the window. The ninja and his new friends had settled in the apartment since Rei was exhausted and traumatized from her experience by the crazed man and Naruto knew that one's need rest to calm her state of mind. So the ninja persuaded the teens to rest for the night.

He looked down to see Takashi sleeping on the floor after letting Rei take the bedroom, so the former carefully moved around the black-haired boy and proceeded to the kitchen.

He opened the refrigerator, one of the few things he recognized in this world, took out a bottle of water and gulped it down to the last drop. After that, the swordsman walked over to the window where he placed Tenkaichi next to his hip pouch, shuriken holster, Takashi's metal bat and Rei's makeshift spear below it. Naruto equipped his hip pouch, his holster and stared at his clan's symbol dangling from the base of the hilt before he slung the sword over his right shoulder.

Then he heard movement and turned around to see Takashi rubbing his eyes then got up to stretch his joints from resting on the floor. "Morning, Takashi. How do you feel?"

"I feel better since we slept. I think a long rest was necessary after yesterday." He looked out the window with Naruto, both staring at the chaos-ridden world. Soon a frown appeared on Takashi's face. "It wasn't a dream, wasn't it?"

The shinobi looked at him and shook his head. "Unfortunately, no." This wasn't what the blonde was looking forward when he started his journey to receive the Keys, but he's here now, helping his two new friends to reunited with their group. "You should wake up Rei. We need to get moving if we're going to find your friends."

Takashi nodded in agreement. He picked up his bat and walked inside the room where Rei was sleeping to wake her up. A few minutes later, the boy came out with the female behind him with the latter waving at the ninja who waved back in response.

Naruto put his hand down. "How are you feeling, Rei?"

"I feel much better since we rested for the night…" The male duo looked at her when she didn't finish her sentence. "…Thank you, Naruto, for saving us. Especially me." Naruto had a frown on his face when he realized that the girl was still traumatized despite being a strong woman. An experience like she went through plus the chaos in their world must've pushed her mental state to its limit.

"You're welcome." Naruto sighed, then look out of the window, "We should get moving. As soon as we leave, the sooner we can locate your group." The two high schoolers nodded. Later, they went out of the house with Naruto armed with a kunai, Takashi with his bat and Rei with her spear. They located the motorcycle that was outside near the gate along with five of 'Them' in the area.

Naruto stopped and looked over his shoulder to glance at his friends. "Stay here. I 'll handle them." They were about to protest but Naruto gave them a look that prevented them. The latter faced forward and casually walked out in plain sight, waiting for one of the cannibals to attack him. But to his confusion, they didn't attack especially since one passed by him as if he wasn't there. He looked at his friends for answers with Takashi realizing the former doesn't know about the weaknesses.

"Naruto…Almost all of their senses are dead. They are sensitive to sound, no matter how small it is." The ninja was surprised, then he nodded as he proceeded to take out the threat. He quickly drew five shurikens and swiftly threw them at the five undead and was met with thuds in response.