Ten

Warning: this chapter is dark, fire, abuse and possible small amounts of gore.

。.✦ ☾

Sirius sat besides the burning fireplace, in his hands was a small book, the story of Romeo and Juliet. He found it in Anans room, but he couldn't focus. His eyes stared at the emptiness that was Anna's favorite chair, unable to sit and occupy it. It's been months since they last heard from her, everything felt wrong.

He wrote letters to Queenie, hoping the mother would provide them with some insight, but there was nothing.

Remus was worse, the moons were getting harder, especially without the girl they love.

James tried to keep the peace, but he was too happy with Lily to really sympathize.

Sirius sighs, closing his eyes. He wishes he can turn back time, he would do their last conversation completely differently.

....

Riddle Manor.

Queenie stood before the Dark Lord, her face pale and thin, her eyes wide and hollow, she looked so unlike herself. Tom watches her with disgust as she reports the movements on the marauders. "The boys don't know Anna is missing, they still believe she left due to my sisters death." Queenie says

Tom hums. "It won't last, unfortunately the timely demise of you sister will pass and people will begin to wonder where their lovely Annabelle is." Tom sighs, he was the dark lord, he had the control of the ministry under his thumb, but he was more worried about Grindelwald.

The old man would do anything for his daughter.

"W-Why go through all this trouble over a girl? I understand, you have history, but please let her go. She deserves a good life, her father is finally out of the picture and she has the advantage of going back to school. Please." Queenie whispers as she rings her fingers nervously.

Toms eyes darken as he stared up at the older witch, fingers rested on his chin. "You've had many liberties with me Ms. Goldstein." Tom states, tilting his head, his hair brushing over his forehead. "Your the mother of Anna, so I allow you to live. But don't take that as freedom to speak your mind, because every word I hear is just a constant reminder of the years I spent without her. And forgive me if I'm blunt, but I loathe your very existence and It would please me immensely if you were dead, so for your sake, leave, immediately before all restraint I have is forgotten." Tom hisses, sitting up as he grabs the arms of the chair he was on.

Queenie shakes her head. "I can't leave her." She whispers

Tom quickly stands and he grabs her throat, tightening his fist. Queenie gasps, struggling under his grip. Tom glares evilly. "Don't test me." Tom hisses just as he shoves her harshly into the ground.

Queenie coughs, tears springing to her eyes as she rubs at her throat.

Tom watches her with an expressionless gaze. "Don't forget who owns you." Tom states as he walks over to desk, grabbing some napkins and cleaning his hands.