Twenty-one

。

。.✦ ☾

Anna stumbled through the woods, her throat still tight as she gasped for breath. Black dots clouded her vision but the witch powered through the stinging pain. Finally, after what felt like hours, Anna stumbled into a run-down hut, her knees collapsing underneath her, slamming harshly on the splintered wood. The dots completely fester and she finds herself falling forward.

....

Hagrid gently sets Anna down on his straw bed, worry laced in his expression.

....

"Anna wake up." Someone whispers in her ear. Anna's eyes snap open and she comes face to face with a concerned Sirius, his lips are pursed into a small pout as he stares into her eyes. He gently combs his fingers through her hair, watching her carefully. With a lunge she wraps her arms around him, pressing her face into his chest. 

"Don't leave me." She whispers

"Never." He whispers against her head.

....

Sunlight streamed through an open window, hitting Anna's pale face, and causing a disturbance in her once peaceful sleep. Her eyelashes fluttered open, her eyes taking in her surroundings. She notices that she is alone, with no Sirius to be seen.

The roof was filled with cracks, with the sun peeking through. The smell of fresh bread fluttered over her nose, causing her to inhale deeply. After a moment she sits up, her feet moving to the side of the bed. Her mind has yet to catch up with last night's events.

"ANNA! You're awake!" Hagrid exclaims, his large footsteps echoing in the small run-down home.

"Hagrid." Anna breaths, confused. "What happened?" 

"I was hoping you'd tell me dear." Hagrid says, worried for his friend.

....

Hagrid hands Anna a bowl of warm soup, hoping to clear the cough that festered in her chest, gently coaxing her memories. "It was Tom." Anna whispers, remembering the feeling of helplessness and fear. Those green eyes peering into her soul, mocking her.

Hagrid sits back, swearing under his breath. "Your mother and I feared that this might happen. Merlin am I glad you are okay, but we have to tell the Ministry." Hagrid states

Anna's gaze snaps up to him, shaking her head. "No we can't, if they find out my life will be ruined, they will expose my identity and everyone I love will hate me." Anna says 

Hagrid sighs, running a hand down his face, tired. "Anna....I know it hurts, but this is a matter of your safety and the safety of the people around you. Tom is dangerous and if you keep this to yourself, he can kill you and there won't be anyone to stop him. I can only do so much." Hagrid states 

With tears running down her face. "I don't care about me Hagrid, I just can't bear to lose anyone I love for the second time. I rather die than be alone." Anna admits 

Hagrid gently reaches over and he grabs her hand, "You will be if you don't say anything. I am sorry my dear, but it must be done." Hagrid states

....

Anna was curled up in a ball in Hagrid's bed, watching as he sent an owl to the ministry, her heart racing in her chest. 

She was scared. Scared to lose everything.