Declassified

Eddie and Joseph were in the officer's cafeteria where he'd been taken after showering and getting changed. They were sitting across from each other and eating but also kind of glaring at one another like they might fight at any moment. He thought this was funny but before he could go join them, Beth put a hand on his arm to get his attention. He looked at her and she motioned to a table and for him to sit. He sighed but did what she wanted and she sat down across from him.

"The food will be brought out to us." She said, "It'll just take a moment."

"Thanks," He replied, he was anxious to get back to what he was doing, but if time really was that different then how much and how long could he do it for? If they didn't find a way to open that gate faster and get him back in then there were going to be problems. He wasn't sure he could do this for a week and then also be able to physically help Cordelia do anything once he was back inside.

"If you think you're being subtle about staring at my eye patch you aren't. Do you want to see what's under it?"

"What? I was-"

"I'd like to see it." Eddie spoke up, he turned to see that the guy was looking at both of them. There was no telling when or why he was allowed out of his room, Joseph either, but since they probably couldn't leave easily it didn't matter. The amount of guards around there that would stop them from going anywhere they weren't allowed was staggering. Even if he could open doors with his mind, he still could be shot if he didn't something they didn't like. Not that he had any intention of leaving.

"You know, that's kind of rude, Eddie." Joseph said.

"She offered, I didn't ask, so whatever man don't be so British about everything." Eddie laughed then picked up his tray of food to bring it over to their table where he sat down. It looked like he was mostly finished eating. The remains of what used to be breakfast sat on the tray. The only thing he hadn't touched was the toast which was kind of funny because he was sure that was the first thing Joseph had eaten.

"Not that anyone invited you," Beth sighed, "But if it'll stop all the staring." She lifted up the patch and it wasn't really that interesting. There was just kind of a concave area that skin had grown over where her eye should have been.

"Nice." Eddie said.

"How is that nice?" Joseph asked, "You need to stop talking."

"And you need to stop being such a pain in my ass." Eddie snapped back before turning to look at Beth. "You ever get freaky with that or what?"

"Seriously, Eddie?" Jamie asked, though he kind of hated himself for wanting to know the answer. He was glad he hadn't asked himself, so it kind of worked out. Some guy came out from the kitchen in the back and set down a tray of food in front of him. It was hot, definitely fresh, and looked much better than the first sandwich he'd been given. An omelet, bacon, toast, and coffee.

"What freaky thing do you think you can do with it?" Beth asked.

"I don't know but in the heat of the moment-"

"Try me."

"You think I won't?"

"Stop it. Aren't you already hot for her daughter?" Joseph blurted out. Beth laughed and put the patch back over her eye. Jamie picked up his fork and started to eat since he was starving and he apparently hadn't eaten anything in an entire day. He didn't know if this would be enough to sate his appetite but it was better than not having anything at all.

"Her daughter is hot." Eddie replied then picked up one of his slices of toast and threw it at Joseph's head.

"Okay, enough of this." Beth said, "You two promised to get along if I let you out to wander around like liability issues and now he's throwing toast so-"