Chapter 1

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*̥˚ THE GIRL OF STEEL *̥˚

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗

╚═*

╚═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╝

CHAPTER 1 - grief

❛❛ it's hard to turn the page when
you know someone won't be in the
next chapter but the story must go on ❜❜
THOMAS WILDER

A few weeks later...

Kara walked into the new Avengers compound, just getting out of a meeting with her company. These last few weeks she's been focusing on her design to change power. Thor had returned back to Asgard and Tony had decided to go home back to Pepper and spend some time with her. She would sometimes go and visit them to spend some time with her brother.

She's been keeping herself busy that she sometimes forgets to sleep. She would stay up all night just to write down equations, attempting and failing.

She walked into her lab, putting her things down, and taking off her glasses. She really needed to get sleep, and she needed it now. Kara sighed as she walked down the hall to go to the kitchen to get herself something to eat.

She stopped walking and turned around, staring at a specific door. Wanda. Kara knew what she was going through, more than anyone. She has been trying to talk to her but every chance she got Wanda would just shut her out, pushing her away.

Kara couldn't let Wanda go through this all alone, maybe now she was willing to talk.

She made her way over to her door and knocked softly. Kara could hear a few sniffles, making her realize she had been crying. "Who is it?" Wanda spoke.

"It's me, Kara," she replied. It was silent on her end, while she just stood there waiting. Suddenly the door clicked and slowly opened. Kara hesitantly walked inside and closed the door behind her.

Kara immediately could tell that Wanda has been crying, by the pink in her eyes and the bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep. Wanda sat on her bed with her legs crossed and a pillow in her lap, while the tv played a sitcom.

"I loved that show. I use to watch it all the time as a kid." Kara said trying to make conversation.

"Is that why you came in here?" Wanda asked.

"Well- No I wanted to check up on you." Kara walked further into the room. Wanda simply looked at her before she patted the spot next to her signaling for Kara to sit down.

She made her way over and sat down next to her, looking at the tv in front of them. It was quiet between the both, as they continued to watch the sitcom.

"Wanda... I know-" she began but Wanda cut her off, "Please don't. Don't say you know what I'm going through because you don't. You've never lost your family, your brother, everything. So no, you don't know what I'm going through."

Kara stayed quiet and looked back at the tv. Wanda was terribly wrong, Kara has lost everything more than she can ever imagine.

"Sorry." she apologized, feeling bad for the way she acted, Kara was only trying to help. "I- I'm so tired," Wanda whispered biting down on her lip and closing her eyes trying not to break down.

"It's just like this wave washing over me, again and again." Wanda inhaled sharply, rubbing her fingers over her lip before continuing. "It knocks me down, and when I try to stand up, it just comes for me again. And I- It's just gonna drown me."

"No, it won't." Kara disagrees.

"How do you know?" Wanda questioned.

"Because I do know what you're going through. I've dealt with grief multiple times in my life. I lost my planet, my people, my home, my family." Kara began, "I've lost multiple people, and every time I think they will stay I've lost them. But the more you deal with grief, it should get easier right? It doesn't. The truth is that no matter what we do to deal with grief it will never get easier, no matter how hard you try."

Wanda looked at Kara listening to every word intensely. Kara shifted and faced Wanda now sitting face to face. "Grief is a feeling we endure when our loved ones leave us. But they never truly leave us, they're always with us. In our dreams, in our hearts. No matter where you go they will always be with you. Yes, the pain will get easier but we won't forget. Because what is grief if not love persevering?" Kara finished their eyes meeting.

Kara returned her attention back to the tv and lets out a laugh as a man was covered with the dry powder of the fire extinguisher. Wanda snapped back into reality and stopped looking at her, turning her attention to the screen. Kara turned to Wanda "Sorry, I love this scene."

"No, it was funny." Wanda chuckled.

"It was wasn't it?" Kara smiled and for the first time she had heard Wanda laugh. "Mmhmm," Wanda nods and let out a small giggle.

They both looked at each other for a few moments before a phone rang. Kara jumped and immediately answered. "Kara where are you? The second meeting started 5 minutes ago." Her assistant said in a hurry.

"I am so sorry I forgot tell them I'll be right there." Kara told her and hung up. "Sorry, I-" She started but Wanda cut her off, "You have to go. I know."

But Kara didn't want to go, she wanted to stay here with Wanda. Kara was hesitant on leaving, she walked to the door and stoped. She got out her phone and texted her assistant that she was gonna reschedule.

Kara turned back around and laid down on the bed getting comfortable. "What are you doing? Didn't you have to go?" Wanda asked.

"It's fine. It's my company, what are they gonna do fire me?" Kara joked making Wanda smile. "Besides, after this, we have to watch The Wizard of Oz, it's my favorite."

"Oh! And after that, we can watch a musical," Kara said excitedly. Wanda only watch the sparkle in Kara's eyes grow at the mention of a musical it made her feel happy that she had Kara, Wanda lay down next to her feeling comfort.

That's exactly what they did, they watch sitcoms, and musicals, all night. Eventually, they both fell asleep, unaware how much they both need the rest.

Thank you for reading and voting
and commenting. It really does make my day and night, it also makes me want to write more.

See y'all in the next chapter!!!

Asta luego!!

ᗢ