Chapter 4

I knocked on Jasmine's door praying this day would be smooth. It only took her a couple of seconds to open the door.

"Hey" "Hey girl.." She said and smiled opening the door more so that I can come inside. I instantly took on all the smoke that hit my lungs. I coughed a little and took in all my surroundings. The couch had a couple of blunts on it, the coffee table had stains all over it and there were clothes scattered everywhere.

"Sorry about this mess Lucas was supposed to clean it up a while ago.." "Don't wory about it" I said making sure I didn't step on anything. "I'm gonna introduce you to somebody.. Just before we go." I furrowed my brows wondering who she was talking about. "Who??"

She just turned around and waked up the stairs. Luckily there was nothing on the stairs so I didn't have to worry about stepping on anything. I quickly followed as we made our way up the small amount of stairs and walked down a small hallway the led us to this little room. Jasmine quitely opened the door and motioned for me to come inside. I did as she told me to do and walked on slowly but then stopped once I seen a women that looked like she was in her mid 40's laying in bed with all these little plugs on her arms.

I looked back with tears feeling in my eyes. Jasmine smiled and motioned her hand forward telling me to go up to the women. She had her eyes closed as I quietly and slowly made my way up to her. She was breathing slowly and there was this monitor beeping on the side of her. Once I got to her I took in the rest of her image and froze once I realized who this was.. It was Jasmine's mom she told me about when we were on the plane

A tear slid down my cheek. "Momma.." Jasmine spoke in a low voice which made her lift up her eyelids and look around the room. Her eyes landed on me and then blinked. "Jasmine what do you want.." She said still looking at me. I then realized she had thought I was Jasmine. Jasmine walked up behind me slowly and rubbed her moms arm. "No mama I'm right here..." Her mom frowned as she continued to explain. "Mama this is the girl I met on the plane .. I was helping her with somewhere to stay" Her mom looked at me and smiled a little. "Hello" "Hi.." I said kind of nervous. I mean who wouldn't be nervous I was even expecting this to happen.. Today at least.

"Mama this is Destiny and Destiny this my mom" "But call me Ms. Jazz" she said putting her hand on mine. "Nice to meet you" I smiled.

Jasmine suddenly pulled my arm which made me look at her confused. "Okayyy now its time to go look at that apartment." "But-" I looked back at Ms. Jazz trying to wave but Jasmine kept pushing me to the door. "let's go.."

As we finally left the room I turned to Jasmine and folded my arms across my chest.

"What was that about?" "I just wanted you to look at the apartment before you get comfortable in mine.." She joked. I chuckled and followed her downstairs.

She led me out of her apartment and closed the door behind her. A door straight across from hers had caught my eye and made me have to ask. "Before I get the apartment right then and there.. Who lives here" I said motioning to the door. "You.." I looked over at her and raised a brow. "So we live across from each other?" "Yep.. I mean is that a problem with you." I chuckled. "No its actually kind of cool.." She chuckled too and opened the door to my future apartment. I had butterflies in my stomach as i stepped inside.

I walked in and looked around. The apartment was small but it was worth it. I smiled and looked at her. "Well.." she continued. "do you like it""i actually love it" she smiled. "Then let me give you a tour." She motioned for me to follow and i did.

We looked inside 2 rooms already and we were on the last,so she told me. I stepped inside the bedroom as Jasmine had let me in. I looked around and saw a closet so I opened the closet door and nodded my head impressed as I looked over at her. She smiled. "You really like it..." she asked. "Like i said, i love it" I chuckled.

When we were done we decided to step outside and talk about the apartment.

"The reason why I was asking is because I don't wanna give it to you if you don't really want it." I shook my head. "Don't worry i like it.. I'm gonna get it" I said chuckling as she sighed and nodded. "Okay.." She handed me the keys.

I heard loud music from the other side of us which was coming from her apartment. We both turned our heads wondering what that was and then Jasmine looked at me with a frown like she was thinking the same thing. She walked up to the door and swung it open walking inside and start yelling once she seen who was sitting on the couch. I walked in after her and seen Lucas and a girl sitting on his lap with about 2 boys sitting in different chairs.

"Lucas are you fucking kidding me right now!!" she raised her voice more. He opened his mouth to say something but then he looked over at me and stopped before licking his lips. "GET THIS BITCH OUT MAMA HOUSE BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!" The girl that was on Lucas's lap rolled her eyes and whispered something in his ear. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY BITCH??" Jasmine said making her way towards the girl as i pulled her back. "Bitch??" "Aye yo shut yo fuckin mouth.." Lucas said pushing her off of him roughly. "Now you can leave." He shooed her away. She cussed under her breath walking past me and out the door.

I let go of Jasmine as she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. Lucas shook his head. "Y'all can bounce too."He motioned for the 2 boys to leave as they smacked their lips and start walking towards the door. After they left there was a small silence which made me want to speak up and tell Jasmine I was getting ready to leave but Lucas beat me to it.

"You gone have to chill out with my company bein here and shit." Lucas raised his voice a little and leaned back in the couch and grabbed an already rolled blunt putting it up to his lips. I rolled my eyes and had my hand on my hip. "Whatever...." Jasmine scoffed and grabbed my arm about to take me towards the door.

"Wait i gotta talk to lil' mama right quick." I had butterflies in my stomach and looked back at him sighing quietly. Jasmine turned around and shook her head and was about to speak but I interrupted her. "No thanks.. I'm not really interested in being one of your little hoes" He was grabbing the lighter then stopped and looked over at me raising one brow. "I can't have a simple talk.." "Why?" he lit up the blunt that was between his lips and blew out the smoke. "I just wanna talk to you.." I rolled my eyes and looked over at Jasmine telling her it was alright as she nodded approvingly. She walked up the steps and out of our sights.

I huffed and sat next to Lucas as he was looking me up and down like he always does. I rolled my eyes and sat back. "Why you so stuck up..?" he finally spoke. I frowned and looked at him like he was stupid. "Says the person who doesn't even know me.." I continued . " And to add to that.. you the one that's stuck up because you gave me them nasty looks the first time you saw me ." "That's what i wanted to talk to you about.." I frowned and looked over at him wondering where he was going with this. " I wanted to apologize to you because I was kind of stressed that day." He sat up and looked over at me.

"Well you seem stressed every other day...." "I am but.. that day was really hard for me." He wiped his hand down his face. I sat up and looked at him then looked down. "I'm sorry for whatever happened...." He shook his head and spoke. "You ain't do nun to me" He inhaled the blunt again before putting it out as I shook my head looking back up at him. "But still.." He looked over at me and smirked.