Chapter Eight : Jayden

The house smells weird, humid like mould. Every room is more or less empty, I wouldn't be surprised if she got everything renovated and then never bothered decorating it. Miss Lee gave me a far too long hug before letting me go, she even sobbed for a while. Maria is alright, she's sweet but to a almost weird degree, constantly talking like she's singing and clapping, but she's nothing on Eva who was always in a manic state. My back aches from my backpack so I ask her if I can get changed, "Of course!" 

There's three doors, one which is open. I can hear the humming of a song followed by the light playing of a track. As I push the door, the humming stops. Jessica Houghton, my 'long lost' twin sister sits with her legs crossed, unpacking books. She stares at me, and her mouth opens like she's trying to grab onto a word but just can't. She has dark hair with remnants of burgundy highlights which creep to her waist. "Hi." "Hi." She grins ever so slightly at me. I'm a bit relieved. I nod and grin back before going to unpack myself. I choose the room furthest from the street, it's better that way.. less inconveniences. I take off my shirt and wetten my towel and dab it on my back, the pain fades away. My arms have been healing more too, the scars are still visible enough for me to have to wear my jacket though.

.

.