Chapter Twelve : Jayden

Maria had made pasta bolognese, though I'd use the word 'pasta' loosely. It melted in my mouth as I put it on my tongue, badly overdone. Jessica and I caught each other eye, she smiled but then shivered, I was biting my tongue holding my laughter in. Maria didn't eat with us, which in a way was a blessing in disguise, it meant that there was no unnecessary conversation.  She goes in the lounge and watches tv, she calls it her 'peace time', everyday we'd have dinner at five thirty, she'd poof of to the lounge, closing the door and having it locked for a hour as she watches Emmerdale. Jessica told me she considered telling her social worker about it, I obviously told her not to. They'd misconstrued it into her possibly doing drugs or something. And even if Maria was - I'm not going back there again. 

Jessica and I are going to the cinema today, going to see some Margo Robbie film, her social worker has been pushing us to spend more time together. Truth be told, I don't mind Jessica at all. She's relaxed and chill, I was worried when I heard I had a sister - I thought it would mean there'd always be a argument to be had. But with Jessica she doesn't do much and she's not a instigator like half the girls at school. I feel bad for the guys who date them. 

Fuck, note to self, blow dry your hair before putting on your clothes. It looks like I've got back sweat. I have no other clothes that have long sleeves. Shit, shit. Shit. Blow dryer, yeah. I'll just blow dry it. I take off my shirt and go in the bathroom. I can't find a outlet at first but after accidentally kicking the bin I see it. Bingo. I plug it in and put the shirt on the floor. I switch it on, slowly but surely I see the black spot of water fading away. I look up at the clock for the time but then my eye see her. Jessica stands at the doorway, mouth open, staring at them.