Chapter Eleven : Jessica

I've officially been living with my mother and brother for a week now - a weird sentence to say, I know. It's had it's ups and downs, Walter and Lee (Jayden's social worker) have been visiting everyday strictly at eleven am, god knows why so early but it has meant that Jayden and I have had to wake up everyday at exactly seven o'clock ; to make sure every dish from the night before had been cleaned. Maria wasn't the one who told us to do this but Walter. Yup, my social worker Walter has set me and Jayden choirs. Along with that, Walter also suggested to me that I should get to know Jayden more as my current 'list' of things I know about him has extended to only the following:

My updated  list of things I know about Jayden

-He's my twin, we share a birthday (god i hate myself)

̶-̶H̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶t̶h̶

-His name is Jayden (does this even count?)

-He likes Arctic Monkeys 

-He doesn't like cereal

-His favourite colour is b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ red

I was going up to his room to tell him dinner was ready when as soon as I got to the door, I could hear a familiar melody. ''If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive - In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side'' 

It was tempting to finish the melody myself then, 505 by arctic monkeys. I wonder if they were his favourite artists as they are mine. I listened to a lot of them in my third foster home, it helped. A lot. 

I push my hand down on the handle but then freeze, what if he was naked - I heard the shower running earlier, or even worse what if he was doing something. I remember around a year ago, Julie had told Olivia and I to go and tell her cousin, Angus to come downstairs for a, 'family meeting',  I still remember Olivia's scream, she shook her head profusely, shrieking and gagging. 

Knock, yes. I'll knock. One, two. "Yeah?"  God, if you're naked.. Before I can speak, the door opens, Jayden behind it with red eyes and wet hair, I can hear the music louder now. "Yeah?" He repeats. "Your eyes?" 

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, well, the uh..you know the..." His voice trails off as he turns his head to scan his room. He walks away into the corner by his bed, opening and closing different drawers by his nightstand. I can't help but let my eyes peer around. He had almost unpacked everything in his bag; books, posters, and half of his clothes were drooping out in the dresser. It had nothing on the bedrooms you'd see on tv like Cassie's room in euphoria. But for a foster kid it was pretty good, it had..character. Scratch that. It showed character. He quickly dashed back, twisting around in his hand was a black pencil. He looked at me waiting for me to say something. "Uhm, huh?" I try and giggle. "Its..what do you call it?" He put the end of the pencil in his mouth and simultaneously swiped his fingers round his eyes. I think he could still see my bank expression as he quickly, took out the pencil and said, "for your eyes, you know?" Oh..Oh!

I clasped my hands together, "eyeliner!" His mouth widened into a smile, he pointed at me, "right! Yeah, I was gonna actually buy a proper waterproof one, thought it'd be better since it wouldn't wash away in the rain but before I was gonna spend ten quid on something my mate, Lindsey said I should try and just use a black watercolour pencil first, and what do you know? I can hardly get it off without scrubbing my eyes for forever so it's practically the same." I smiled at him. Weirdly enough, this was the most I'd heard him speak. There's a short silence, 505 has finished and now the bass to, 'why'd you only call me when you're high',  is creeping up behind him. "Arctic monkeys." I mumble. His eyes hover up. "You like them, I heard you listening to them on our first day here." He says. Arctic monkeys take up 25% of my twenty hour playlist, I wouldn't be surprised if he had. "I do, I listened to them a lot in the past few..homes." He nodded, but his eyes were somewhere else, in a different place, a different time. 

"Oh, I uh was gonna say - dinner, it's ready." He shook out of the half state he was in. "Oh! Alright."