🚀 Zuka Adopts a Feral Rocket 🚀

that one tumblr post sort of confirms that zuka adopted rocket when the lil guy was hot headed and mean, so i must write this oneshot or i will die!!!

it will be heavily ooc...

Request by; N/A

<><><><><><>

      "As agreed, here's the cash. Thank you again for leading the law off my scent," Broker handed the money over to Zuka. Zuka stuffed the envelope of money in his right pocket, as he still had both his hands at the time, and chewed on the butt of the cigarette he had lit a bit ago, "Anything for a generous paycheck like what you just gave me."

      Broker grinned and pulled out his own stack of cash, flicking it casually. "Any time for my number one partner. Down for another job?" he offered. Zuka shook his head, "Not now. I think I'll take the day, maybe get something to eat. Maybe I'll take you up on that offer tomorrow."

      All Broker could do was nod, "Luckily, the job isn't at the upmost importance. You know where to find me." With that, Broker left to go hide away from the eyes of the law trying to put him in a cage.

      As much as Zuka loved the sound of making money, getting Broker out of trouble was hard work. All he wanted to do was chill around for the day, maybe get a bite or two, then take a fat nap. That sound like a pretty good chill day to the aging ex-phighter.

      Zuka hopped into his truck, revved it to life, and drove off to go into Crossroads. There was always plenty to do there, and also plenty to eat. Many demons from all over would go there, meaning the place had different cultures. The restaurants from Thieves Den were always the best.

      Playground had the best cafes, that was for sure, but Zuka wasn't looking for a coffee at the moment. However, as he thought about it, a coffee didn't sound bad. Nor did a muffin. Zuka decided a coffee and muffn couldn't hurt before he went to go eat at an actual restaurant.

      Parking his truck in his regular spot, Zuka hopped out and locked it up. You never wanted to leave your stuff vulnerable, especially not here. The last thing Zuka needed was no truck.

      Zuka followed the walkways of Crossroads until he reached a little bakery. Lucky for Zuka, it wasn't busy. The few demons that were sitting around were helping themselves to the free wifi and that was about it.

      As Zuka got near the counter, he noticed a little boy. He was young and his horns needed a bit of a trim to keep them looking clean. It was strange because none of these demons looked to be his guardian. The boy looked to be by himself.

      He was currently arguing with the cashier. "I want just one! I can sweep around here for one! I want it!" the boy begged, but it sounded more like a demand than anything. The cashier growled back, "No, you brat! For one, I don't give away things for free! Two, you are banned from here! Go scram!"

      That was not the right answer as the boy stepped back and summoned his weapon. The cashier was instantly fearful as a rocket launcher was pointed straight at him.

      Zuka instantly stepped forward. As a rocket user himself, he knew that this wasn't a game anymore. The boy whined as his gear was ripped away from him. As he turned to see who took it away, he instantly backed down and cowered away. The black and grey phighter that stopped him was scary, much scarier than anyone he has ever met before.