🔫Hyperlaser Gets a Kitty🐈

meow!! oneshot about hyperlaser adopting his kitty cat Princess

This is gonna be shorter than most

Requested by; yeet_child

TW; animal death/abuse mentioned

<><><><><><>

    Blackrock wasn't the best place to be a stray animal. The powerful and wealthy had well groomed and beautiful pets, ranging from pure bred cats to exotic animals such as fancy birds. Those kinds of animals stayed with the upper class where they were treated like royalty.

      If you were a dirty mut or a feral kitten, it was tough luck. No elite wanted a filthy stray. The common people couldn't even afford to keep an animal, they were too busy trying to scrape by themselves. A little animal mouth to feed would just be more trouble.

      Besides, Blackrock was cold. Most of these animals would just freeze to death. It mattered very little to Blackrockians and it just gave extra hard work for the sanitation workers.

      However, there was one little soul that wasn't giving up hope. She was determined to live and was willing to keep on pushing. Her little paws were freezing as she crossed the icey roads, barely avoiding cars. Her steps were still wobbly, the poor thing still a baby.

      It was a black kitten. She had no mama or siblings, no one knowing what happened to them. She was out on her own, passing by just barely each day. She was adorable, that was for sure, but she was also skinny. It was not looking good for the little stray.

      The little kitten wasn't giving up that easily. She wobbled her way to her favorite place to "borrow" some fish. Blackrock had ice fishing up here, but it was extremely hard to do. The ice was thick and it had to be just the right conditions to be able to saw through the ice and fish up what little scrawny fish that manages to be caught.

      The rare catches meant a lot of strays liked to pass by and snatch something. The owner of this place has been cracking down very harshly. When I say cracking down, I mean cracking a stick over any stray that dares even sniffs at one of his fish.

      Being little and new to this world, the little kitten was naive to that fact. She trotted over to the fish market and began to sniff at some of the fish outside, trying to find one just right for her.

      It did not take long for the shopkeeper to come running out screaming with a big stick in hand. The kitten got scared and cowered in place, not knowing what to do in the presence of such an angry demon screaming and cursing at her.

      The demon raised the stick to strike the poor kitten, but a hand with an iron grip caught his arm and yanked him away. The kitten watched as this guy with a cyber helmet yelled at the shopkeeper.

      "The fuck is wrong with you? That's a kitten! Go burn in hell, dickhead!" he cursed at the shopkeeper as he crouched down and picked up the still scared kitten. "You're Hyperlaser! You're the little asswipe that gets paid to kill people!" the shopkeeper snarled.

      Hyperlaser hissed back, "I'll kill you for free, so shut the hell up!" The shopkeeper yelled at Hyperlaser to get out, which he graciously did so. There was no way he would stick around the smelly place. It was probably full of roaches and rats anyways.

      Looking down at his chest, Hyperlaser tucked the freezing kitten into his jacket and hurried back to his apartment. He had been passing by when he noticed the little black kitten sniffing at the fish. He thought she was adorable and had very little intention of snatching her up, but when he saw that demon about to strike her, he couldn't let that happen.

      "It's okay, I got you. I'll get you warmed up," Hyperlaser murmured as he scratched the kitten's head. She was shaking, probably from the cold and the fear of being picked up by a total stranger. Hyperlaser would be scared too if some weird giant just picked him up.

      Luckily, Hyperlaser's apartment was only a few blocks down. As soon as he got inside, he dragged out his heater and put it on full blast. He snagged the blanket from the couch and wrapped the little kitten in it and held her in front of the heater. She was a little burrito currently.

      Hyperlaser gently scratched the top of her head, not being able to help himself. The kitten violently shook for a few minutes until it simmered down to light shaking.

      When Hyperlaser got a little meow, his heart basically melted. The poor thing was probably starving and was terrified of being snagged from the streets. However, Hyperlaser didn't have any kitten food. Maybe a can of tuna would work?

      Unwrapping the kitten from the blanket and placing her on the floor with the blanket, Hyperlaser rushed to his kitchen and snagged his last can of tuna. Looks like he wasn't going to have tuna salad tonight.

      Hyperlaser grabbed a little plate and snapped the can open. That had gotten the attention of a certain kitten who wandered in and began to scream for what she heard. Hyperlaser looked down in amusement, "It seems you already know what the sound of a can opening means."

      The kitten screamed and cried some more as she looked up at Hyperlaser, wanting what he was making for her. Hyperlaser chopped it up a bit with a fork and lowered it down to the kitchen floor. He barely had enough time put it down when the little thing was scarfing it down.

      She probably hadn't had a meal like this ever. Hyperlaser lowered himself to the ground and watched the little creature eat. She was making little "nom nom" sounds as she ate.

      Hyperlaser was finding this really ironic. He was paid to kill, but here he was saving a life for free. He sighed and looked down at the little thing with curiosity. He never had a pet before. The only "pet" he has ever met was Subspace's disgusting robot child pet thing, Biograft.

      "I'm not going to spoil you like you're a princess-" Hyperlaser suddenly paused. That was not a bad idea. That was honestly a really good idea!

      "Princess... maybe I could get you a collar? Maybe even a toy? Maybe a couple toys. I'll have to get you some food. Also some treats," Hyperlaser was making a mental list of all the cat things he needed to get. He had to get a litter box as soon as possible as he didn't want his new kitten, Princess, learning bad habits.

      It didn't even cross his mind that maybe he shouldn't be taking in a kitten. Hyperlaser already convinced himself that he was keeping this kitten without even weighing his options.

       Well, his options would be to keep kitty and be happy, or have no kitty and be back to being depressed for the rest of his life and then dying a sad alcohol related death. Keeping the kitty it was.

      Hyperlaser kept watching Princess chow down on her makeshift meal. Her face was all messy and she was tearing that plate of tuna fish up. This was Hyperlaser's new favorite thing in the whole wide world.

      It was true what they say, why shop when you could adopt? Adopt right off the streets that is.