1

Katsuki felt a deep pain in his heart. It was momentary, but that painful feeling could never leave his mind. The side reaction of his power and overloading himself caused this situation to occur.

Now he was lying on the ground. Ah, how much he wanted to see Izuku one last time... to fight with him and defeat Shigaraki, then be able to continue their race to become the #1 hero again...

He already knew, he was going to lose. Being the number one hero was never destined for him. That's why he always tried to elevate himself. Good grades, strong personality, strong quirk... He realized that he was no longer as strong as he thought.

He always thought the same thing when he was younger, even when he had a better relationship with Izuku. Izuku was ahead of him. No matter what he did, he couldn't get it out of his mind. Even when he apologized for what he had done, he only wished not to be forgiven. So that he could feel some comfort.

But he forgave. Because Izuku was a good person. Unlike himself. This boy who always regarded the person who bullied him for years as his friend, of course, deserved the title of hero number one.

Bakugou, who was always analyzing the progress of the person he despised and trying to become better, was the first to see his progress. What more should he do? What should he do not to be so weak?

It didn't matter much now. He's dead now. Because he wasn't enough. He wasn't strong enough, he wasn't knowledgeable enough, he wasn't equipped enough, or he just didn't make the right decisions. He had trusted Izuku and lost because he wasn't here.

On the eve of Katsuki's departure from Izuku U.A., and before and even after that, he had a lot of time to think. What would have happened without Izuku?

Surely bad things would happen. In fact, maybe he would never have survived until now?

But what about him? People around him constantly complimented him on his quirk. Aldera Middle School was filled with people who believed he was going to get into the U.A. He was given special treatment as he would be the first person to enter the hero academy from that school.

How will Class 1 A react to his death? They'd probably be upset, wouldn't they? He didn't have many friends, he hadn't even tried to get one in the first place, but there were moments when he remembered being happy.

After his death, how would they react when they found out what kind of person he really was? He was sure they would hate him. Sometimes he thought about this scenario. But he always had in mind to face them. To face Deku, to be a hero even though everyone knew what he was doing, and possibly even though everyone hated him, and to win by protecting people... These would remain a dream.

He was sure that there would be people who would be happy about his death. Katsuki always got into trouble with someone. His mother blamed him for that.

That's right, his mother...that old witch was sad about his death. His father...he wouldn't be able to face them if there was such a thing as the afterlife. He failed and died miserably. He couldn't make his family proud. He always said he'd be number one, but now?

The world is not shaped according to someone's wishes.

And now Katsuki couldn't see anything anymore. Everything was dark. There was no feeling of pain, he couldn't hear someone calling his name. He couldn't feel the wind. He was completely empty.

Was this death?

He actually felt relieved. A senseless relief came over him. He no longer had to work to get things done. He didn't have to get up early in the morning. He didn't have to think, 'What am I going to do today?' He didn't have to think about how to get past Izuku anymore.

He could relax now, couldn't he?

Wait. Something's wrong?

Katsuki was startled by the sudden feeling that he needed to open his eyes.

And when he opened his eyes...was he in a hospital?