Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Mika POV:

I walk out of the classroom to see Melody on a bench with Chapa?!? When Melody saw me she smiled and went to Chapa, bent down, and grabbed her book. Melody walked over to me after. I looked behind her to see Chapa smiling at Melody. What did they do when I was gone? Are they friends? Is Melody going to leave me? My mind just kept on racing thinking about different scenarios of what happened and what will happen. Melody got to me and said something but I wasn't paying attention. She then poked my cheek. I stopped and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" Melody asked me. I took a deep breath and smiled. "Yeah, I am okay," I told her and we both smiled at each other until I heard my ringtone. I looked at my phone and saw Miles was calling me. "Sorry, my brother is calling. I will be right back" she nodded. I walk a little bit away from her and answer the phone call.

Accept Phone Calls-

Mika: Hey Miles, What's up?
Miles: Hey Sis, I wanted to tell you. I will be working with Dylan on our project in the library, so I will not be able to eat lunch with you today.
Mika: That's fine Miles. I actually made a friend today and we are going to sit together for lunch. I was hoping you two would meet today but I can introduce y'all some other time.
Miles: Oh I can't wait to hear about your friend later then. I will see you when we get home. Love you, sis. Bye
Mika: Love you too Bro Bye

Ended Phone Call

I ended the phone call and walked back over to Melody, a little sad. She was cleaning her glasses and then stopped to look at me. "Is everything okay? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly. "Hum? Yeah, everything is okay. My brother just isn't able to eat lunch with us because he has a project." I told her. She sighs in relief "Oh good. I thought something bad happened because you seem upset. Not saying that your brother not eating lunch with us is not sad. I was looking forward to meeting him but I am happy nothing life-threatening happened." She ranted. I put my hand on her shoulder to calm her down. “It’s fine, Mel. I understood what you meant. Also, how are you so good at reading my emotions? Are you an empath?” I looked at her and then started to laugh a little bit after she started to laugh too. “No, of course not. You call me Mel,” She pointed out to me. “Oh yeah, I did. Is that okay?” I asked her. She nodded her head. “Of course! As long as I get to call you Mi.” I smiled and laughed. “Okay deal” After that we shook hands. Both of them started to walk to the cafeteria. “So are you going to get anything, Melody?” She shook her head. “No, I have home lunch. You go ahead and get something. I will find us a place to sit. Okay?” “Okay, then I will find you after I get food.” I smiled and went to the lunch line. I am happy I finally get to eat lunch with a friend.

Melody POV:

Mika went to the lunch line and I went to go look for a table. I saw a table in the back completely empty. I walked over there and sat down. When I sat down I hid my face in my hand. I can believe that just happened. I shouldn’t have said anything or better yet I shouldn’t have taken off my glasses. I sigh and rub my temples. “Are you okay? Little Witch”  I look up and see Henry and Charlotte. “Yeah, I am okay I guess,” I told them. Charlotte sat next to me and rubbed my back. I put my head on her shoulder and Henry came to my other side and sat down. “Come on, Melody. What happened? We won’t judge you.” Henry said. I sigh and sit up. “Well, I decided that I should talk to people and make friends because you guys are leaving in a few months. I made friends with this girl named Mika today but I just realized how hard it’s going to be keeping our secret from my friends. Now I completely understand how you were happy when your friends found out who you were Henry. It was so much worse on you than me Henry. At least I have y’all I can talk to. You didn’t have anyone for a while.” I ranted to them. Henry sighs and hugs me. “Melody, first of all, I am happy you are making new friends. Second of all, I thank you for understanding how it was for me but you are wrong for some of it.” I looked at him confused and asked what he meant. He chuckled “I was alone for the first couple of weeks but then Ray had me meet you. You did help me, Little Witch. Yes, there was still pressure with keeping this secret from the others but I knew if I needed to talk to someone I could go to you.” I smiled and hugged him tightly. “I am going to miss you so much, Henry. You're the best brother anyone could ask for.” He kissed the top of my head and replied “The feel is neutral Little Witch”.”Melody, You know you will still have all of us. We are only one call away.” Charlotte said. I pulled away from Henry and looked at her. “Yes I know” I replied and hugged her. “Why are you worried about our secret anyway? You have always been keeping the secret.” She asked. I sighed “ I took off my glasses to check if my friend was okay and to clean them. I asked her if she was okay then she questioned how good I was at reading emotions and asked if I was an empath. I told her no of course but I still felt bad about lying to her about it.” Both of them nodded in understanding. Henry began to speak. “Melody, you will be fine. I can’t promise it will get better but you can always come to us to rant about this just like what I did to you, okay?” I nodded and pushed up my glasses. Henry took my glasses and tried them on. Charlotte and I started to laugh. “I can see through them just fine. Do you have a prescription for the lens?” Charlotte shook her head and took the glasses back to give them to me. “She has a special prescription in them that lets her not see people's auras. Schwoz built them and I helped design them for her. We gave them to her for her Birthday and we didn’t make other ones so please don’t break them.” I put my glasses on and looked up to Charlotte to say “Thank you for that I will forever be grateful.” She smiled at me and then said they had to go. She left the cafeteria but before Henry could leave I grabbed his arm. “If you don’t get together with her before you leave I will hunt you down and hurt you,” I said to him and glared. He saluted to me “On it ma’am and I mean it I don’t think I can continue any longer just being her friend.” I smiled when he said that and kissed him on the cheek. When I did this I felt someone glaring this way.  “See you later then? Hen” “Of course Little Witch” Then he left. I sat back down and saw Mika coming over here.