Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Chapa POV: 

"Finally, school is OVER!!!" I yelled as I slugged my arm over Bose's shoulders. He groaned. I punched his shoulder and asked "What's wrong buddy? Not excited for your date with the Queen'' I said sarcastically. He put his head down in his hand and then looked at me. “Of course, I am not! What type of question is that Chapa '' I rolled my eyes at him. “I was being sarcastic, Bose.” He looked away from me and then said “Oh (He laughed) you would think being friends with you for years now. I would be able to figure that out by now.” I join in with the laughter. “You would think”. We continued to laugh until Emma showed up. “Come on, Bosie Poo! It’s time for our date!” she yelled and ran over. Bose sighed. “Good luck man,” I said and patted his shoulder. 

I was walking out of the building and saw Melody sitting on the brick wall on her phone with earbuds in her ears. I sneaked up behind her and took one of her earbuds out. “Boo,” She jumped almost falling off the wall but I caught her before she fell. She stood up and repositioned herself on the wall. “What the hell Chapa!” she yelled at me but all I could do was laugh. She rolled her eyes and punched me in the arm. Usually, that would piss me off by that but it didn’t bother. What is wrong with me today? I mentally shook my head and looked at her. “What are you listening to Bookworm?” I asked her. “I almost fell off the wall because of you and all you are going to do is ask what I am listening to?” she said in frustration. I smirked “Of course Melody. What else would I do?” She threw her hands up and said “I don't know, apologize”. “Why would I apologize if you didn’t fall? If anything you should be thanking me because I stop you from falling” She turned away and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and turned back to me. “I would have not been in that situation if it wasn’t for you.” She yelled at me which made me laugh. She sighs and rubs her forehead. I decided that I was going to take one of her earbuds and see what she was listening to. She was listening to Born Without a Heart by Faozia. “Born Without a Heart? I wouldn’t think you would listen to this and why are you sitting over here by yourself shouldn’t you be going home or hanging out with the nerd?” I asked her. She rolled her eyes and took her earbud back. “That's none of your business to what I may or may not listen to but yes and don’t call Mika a nerd. It’s not her fault nobody else wants to answer the questions in class.” It was my turn to roll my eyes. “Whatever, I will stop calling her a nerd. Are you going to answer my latter question?” “Let me think about it. (a few seconds later) Yeah no,” she said. She stuck out her tongue at me and then went back on her phone. When she looked at her phone her eyes widened. She stood up, grabbed her stuff, and then patted me on my head. “As much as I love talking to cute girls that randomly show up out of nowhere to talk to me. I have to go. My ride's here.” She told me then walk to a silver car. I waved at her and smiled. She called me cute. I don’t know why I care so much about that but I am happy. 

Melody POV:

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. I didn’t mean to say that. I was mentally freaking out when I was walking to Piper’s car. Well, guess not just mentally because when I got to the car Piper asked me if I was okay. “Yeah, I am fine,” I tell her. She gave me a ‘Are you serious’ face. “Melody, you can’t fool me. (Apparently, I can’t fool anyone today. I mutter) Now tell me what happened.” I took a deep breath and said very quickly, “WellyouseeIwastalkingtothisgirlbeforeyougothereandImayhadtoldhershewascute”. Piper turned down the music and said “Restate that I couldn’t understand you. Resay it but louder and slower” I nodded and stopped for a second and tried again. “Before you got here I was talking to this girl and when I got up to start walking over here. I called her cute”. Piper glances at me in the car. “What is wrong with that? You called me and Charlotte cute all the time.” I looked down at my lap and started playing with my skirt. “What's wrong with that is that when I call you and Char cute I am talking about y’all appearance that day. I also have known y’all for years. I just started talking to this girl today and when I called her cute I was talking about her as a person not just her outfit,” I explained to her. “Oh, I get it now. Why are you freaking out about that? She most likely just took it as a compliment and didn’t think too much about it.” I thought about what she said and she is most likely right. Chapa gets compliments like that all the time. Why would she care if I said that? I took a deep breath to calm myself. “Your right Pips. I will stop worrying about it,” I agreed with her.