Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Melody POV: 

Charlotte, Piper, and I were hanging out in my room. “I am hungry. You guys want to head downstairs to the auto snacker and get some food?” I asked them. They nodded and we headed down the stairs. When we got down there, we saw Schwoz working on a device. "Schwoz, what is that thing?" asked Piper. "Oh, nothing. It's just the Omega Weapon," said Schwoz. "The...one from the blueprints Ray and Henry got, from all those bad guys in No Man's Land?" Charlotte asked him."Yes!" replied Schwoz. "The one that can take away my uncle’s power and possibly mine?" I questioned him."The same!" said Schwoz. What the hell, Schwoz! "Why would you build that?!" asked Charlotte."Because Ray told me I couldn't, and I hate it when people tell me I can't do something!" he yelled. I gave him a ‘Are you serious’ look. “Girls correct me if I am wrong, but did he say you shouldn’t build it,” I said. “Yeah that’s what I thought too, Melody” Piper replied. "Yeah well, he shouldn't pinch my cheeks, and steal my cereal every morning, but I guess we all do things we shouldn't do!" Schwoz yelled at us while holding up boxes of cereals in a chain. We rolled our eyes at him. 

Then Ray and Henry came from the tubes as Cap and Kid Danger, wearing white togas. "See, eating turkey legs just makes me feel more manly," my uncle said to Henry. "See, that's how I feel about grilled cheese," he replied. "What? Oh, hey, Schwoz, gimme some of that cereal" said Uncle Ray. You are literally eating a turkey leg right now. "No!" said Schwoz, and backed away from him. I live with crazy people, I thought. "Wait-- Are you building the Omega Weapon again?" asked Uncle Ray. “You just noticed that,” I said, while Schwoz answered yes. "The one that can take away Ray's superpower?" asked Henry."The same!" said Schwoz. Henry laughed and turned around. “Why are you laughing Henry? This is serious,” I told him. He just shrugged and I rolled my eyes at him. "Why do you keep building that?!" asked and yelled my uncle. "Well, why do you keep pinching my cheeks, and stealing my cereal every morning?!" asked Schwoz. "Because you're so cute when you get mad," Uncle Ray told him in a baby voice. "Now gimme some of that Sweet Bootie Crunch" he continued, and was walking closer to him. We tried to stop him. Then Schwoz pointed the weapon toward him. "Oh look, he's so cute! Look at his face!" Uncle Ray said to us. "I'm not cute, you're cute!" yelled Schwoz. “Neither of you is cute” I yelled. They both frowned at me. Then Henry yelled “We all are cute”.“I know who you find cute”, Piper whispered in my ear. “No, you don’t. I didn’t tell you her name”, I whispered. She laughed and said “I don’t need to know her name. I saw what she looked like.” I frowned at her but she turned around to the boys and asked, "Wait, why are you and Henry both dressed like half a ghost?". I laughed. "Oh," my uncle said."These are togas. We were fighting the time jerker," said Henry. "Yeah, chased him all the way to Ancient Rome. I ate some pretty good food there," said Uncle Ray. “Oh, nice,” we said “We watched a bear go against a flock of turkeys”, he continued. Henry then said, “Yes we did. The turkeys actually won”. “Wow,” Charlotte said. “We stumbled across some pretty good statues,” my uncle said, and we all groaned. “All right you can all roll your eyes and groan now, but when the city of Swellview finally builds me my own statue of captain man” he continued. “We will roll our eyes, and groan harder," said Piper, and we all agreed. “It’s not going to happen, Uncle,” I told him. "Considering everything I've done for this city, it's the least they can do for me," he said. I rolled my eyes again. “You already have your own holiday. They just opened Captain Man Stadium and there are streets named after you.” Charlotte listened. “Which makes driving very difficult,” Schwoz said. “If anything, they should do something for Kid Danger,” I said and the others nodded. Henry continued explaining what they did with the time jerker and then used a weapon to send Captain Man’s turkey leg to another time. "Okay, where'd you send it?" He asked. Henry responded, "Uhh, too, uhh, right about now".The turkey showed up, and it landed on Jasper's head. "AH! What the heck?! Hey! I'm trying to study. Stop throwing stuff at me!" He said and threw the turkey back at us. Schwoz caught it in his mouth and ran away, so my uncle chased him. “I live with insane people,” I said and sighed.