Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Melody POV:

I am so done with the last couple of days. My uncle's ex-sidekick showed up trying to take over his job. He took one of my new friends hostage who by the way was supposed to go to his girlfriend's best friend's party but ended up being babysat by Caption Man and Kid Danger again. You're right, I said again. This happened a few years back too. I feel bad about how his family treats him. My other friends decided that instead of listening to my uncle, they would go ‘save’ Bose themselves, which ended up being captured too. I went to go save them and help with the Omega Weapon. Speaking of the Omega Weapon it blows up. Now my friends have powers, my uncle and Drex lose theirs, and for some weird reason I lost my healing power but my aura-seeing power evolved. Caption Man and Kid Danger ended up fighting Drex on a blimp. They won the fight but Drex destroyed the control and the only way you could steer it was manually so one of them had to stay behind. Henry tricked my uncle into leaving and he steered the blimp into the mountain. We all thought he was going to die until you know he didn’t. Apparently, the Omega Weapon gave him the power of a protection shield. Now Henry Hart is not dead but the beloved sidekick Kid Danger is. Oh and while also all of this was happening the man cave was completely destroyed but thankful Charlotte and Jasper got out of there in time. Now we are all at Kid Danger's funeral.

“Ladies and gentlemen today we have lost one of the greatest superheroes we have ever known. Kid Danger, Captain Man’s sidekick has been protecting this city for years now. He has died protecting this city and because of that, we all came here together to honor his legacy. Now, a few words from Captain Man and Kid Danger’s girlfriend,” the Vice Mayor said. Kid Danger’s girlfriend? Henry doesn’t have a girlfriend let alone Kid Danger. I turned to Henry and asked him. “What does he mean your girlfriend?” He laughed and said, “Do you remember a couple of years ago when I took you to that gala as Kid Danger? While ever since then people believed you were my girlfriend.” I shook my head. “Yeah I remember that but we told them we weren’t and that I was only your friend,” I told him. "I know that but you know Swelleview they don’t really listen that much,'' He said and I sighed. “Can Kid Danger’s girlfriend please come up here?” The Vice Mayor said. My eyes started to twitch. “Good luck, Melody,” Henry whispered in my ear and I walked to the stage. Once I got up there I went to the mic and said “Good evening everyone, I just want to say this before I move on. Kid Danger and I were never dating. I don’t know who started that but it is not true”. One of the guests interrupted me and yelled “There is no way that is true I have a video of y’all dancing at the gala, right here”. I shook my head and replied “Two friends and danced together”. “But you can see it in your eyes that y’all were in love,” They said back. I started to get frustrated. “I have a picture of you two kissing right here, '' another person yelled. “What? We have never kissed,” I said, confused. I looked at the picture. It was when Henry and I accidentally fell on each other and our lips brushed. My uncle saw the picture and it looked like he was going to kill Henry for real. “That picture was taken out of context. We accidentally fell on each other. It didn't even last a second,” I told them. “What about-” someone else started but I cut them off. “You know what one second,” I said and turned around. I saw my uncle's mouth 'fake it to' me and I nodded. I took a deep breath and started to fake cry. I turned back to the crowd and said “All of this is too much for me. I just lost the love of my life and I don’t know what I am going to do. I am not going to be able to love again after this. This boy that I have never truly known because I couldn’t know his identity was the one for me. (I wiped away some of my fake tears.) He was one of the best people I have ever known. He was always there for me. I couldn’t ask for a better best friend and boyfriend. He even gave me the stuff to give to the Caption Man and Kid Danger fan group. Which helped make me the vice president of their fan group. All the times he saved me and I saved him I am going to miss but I will always keep them in my heart. All the memories we share will be there too and…” I stopped talking and fell to the floor crying. Piper came over and walked me to the back of the crowd. “That was very heartfelt. Now, let's hear from Caption Man,” the Vice Mayor said. My uncle went up to the stage and started singing ‘Holding Out For a Hero’. I stopped crying and went to Henry. “Never again,” I told him and he laughed. “That was really dramatic, Little Witch,” he said and I laughed. “I know, but I did mean it. Well the things besides the whole ‘love of my life’ thing” I told him. We smiled at each other and he patted my head. My uncle started his speech. “I had a hero. His name was Kid Danger and I uhh. And I-I can’t do this. I can’t do this. Oh, I am sorry” He said and walked off stage and a big rock to detransform. “Thank you, Caption Man,” the Vice Mayor said. My uncle walked over to us and asked, “How did I do?”. Henry answered, “Honestly, it was a little much but better than Melody”. I hit his arm. “Perfect. That’s exactly what I was going for.” he replied. “So how does it feel to be at your own funeral?” I asked Henry. “Kind weird,” He said, then Jasper threw a rock at him. “Testing rock,” he said, and Henry's force field showed up. “Dude it’s so cool. The Omega Weapon gave you a force field” Jasper said. “Right?” Henry said and smiled. “Hey, that’s enough.” my uncle cut in. “What? I’m just excited that the four of us have super power now” Jasper told us. I laughed. “You don’t have powers, Jasper” Uncle Ray told him. “Uh, I fight in my sleep and also speak Spanish. That’s a dos super powers” He replied. “Oh, god this Kid,” my uncle said and I smiled. “Speaking of that, how’s y’all powers?” Henry asked. “Schwoz says I should be back to normal in a week or two,” My uncle said. “Schwoz said the same thing about my healing but now I can also see people's thoughts in their auras,” I said to them. “That's cool,” They said. “I guess but some people's thoughts are disturbing,” I told him. Jasper was about to throw another rock at Henry but Charlotte stopped him. “Nope, I think we’re done testing out superpowers in public,” she told him. “Fair enough. Besides, I should save mine for Dystopia” he said and my uncle asked. “Oh, I thought you were doing Harbird?”. “Nah, I changed my mind. Someone’s gotta keep an eye on Charlotte” Jasper said and I laugh. “Keep on talking like that and I will leave you here.” she said back and my uncle yelled no. All of us left Ray and Henry alone for a bit for them to talk. The Vice Mayor revealed the statue and everyone's phones went off. I checked my phone and saw that an anonymous person sent a message to everyone in Swellview. Before I open it, I notice the villains that are starting to walk over here. Jasper picked me up and started to run. The others join in running. “Get the girl!” The toddler yelled and all got up and started to chase us down the mountain. Once we got to the bottom of the mountain Schwoz pull up in the man van. “Get in!” he yelled and we all got in the car. Henry was the last one in the van. Once he got in he shut the door and Schwoz started speeding down the road. “Where are we even going? The man cave has blown up. We have nowhere to go” Charlotte stated. “We can go to mine and Henry's house quickly before anyone follows us,” Piper told Schwoz. "What's going on?! Why were they chasing us?" I asked, panicking. “Have you not checked your messages?” Henry asked me. “No. Jasper picked me up and started running before I could,” I said to him. I pulled out my phone and checked my messages.