PROLOGUE

Beloved Jade.

'Beloved Jade' is a well-known romance light novel back in my world with a poor/rich trope that has the teenagers as its main target audience. Aside from the fun and romance, it is also well-known for how it addresses elitism, feminism and inequality.

Base sa naaalala ko, simple lang ang takbo ng storya.

The main female character is called Jade. She came from a humble background, your typical average girl who gets to have the opportunity of a once in a lifetime to attend a school for the elite--Westwood International School (Westwood for short) as a scholar for her wits and talent.

As she enters, she encounters hardships and obstacles of being an average girl in a pool of spoiled and rich brats. But being the brave and determined female lead that she is, she faces these challenges head on and doesn't falter. She continues to work hard to not fall behind and fights for what is right and just.

Thus, she ended up getting the attention of the male lead and main characters in fascination for her while at the same time, the irritation and anger of the villainess grows as well.

The villainess, which happens to be the main obstacle and final boss in this story, did many terrible things to Jade which led to her demise by the main lead's schemes.

After that, Jade and the male lead lived happily ever after.

A very cliché story if I do say so myself.

'Beloved Jade' was a good read. Maganda pampalipas ng oras.

But the problem is, I ended up transmigrating in the world of that story.

And I did not just transmigrate as any normal and/or safe character. Kahit side character nga lang sana ay ayos na.

Dahil sa sooobrang swerte ko'y isang araw ay nagising na lang ako bilang si Catherine Graciela Cordova, the main villainess of the story, 'Beloved Jade' and who would eventually go down the death flag route.

Although I am currently the fourteen-year old version of Catherine which was during her younger days that was not mentioned in the story. Meaning to say, I've transmigrated before the story began.

Napakuyom ako ng kamao sa napagtanto. Meron pa akong pag-asa para mailigtas ang aking sarili.

When I mentioned the death flag route, I didn't mean literally but the male lead himself is just really kind of... uh, scary. He's just really scary. He wanted to completely get rid of Catherine for Jade and to do that, he made plans to send her abroad and to never return to the country. Dagdag na rin ang katotohanan na he might've really found her irritating because Catherine loved (pestered) him too much. That was his scheme to achieve his happy ending with the heroine.

And all I have to do is to avoid that path, right? By doing so, I need to stray from the things the original Catherine would do, like being a spoiled and rich bully and just focus on myself and be a good character.

I mean, I did not only become as the villainess... but as a heiress to a multimillion corporation as well.

Catherine Graciela Cordova is stinkin' rich. Might as well use this opportunity to live a happy and secured life, something I wasn't able to experience in my past life...

Now that I think about it, how did I die? I really can't remember...

Whenever I think about it, nabablanko lang ang isip ko. But I do remember my past life, who I was and even this light novel I'm currently living in.

My name was Yara and I was just a plain and normal girl as well, just like Jade. Aside from that... How did I...

Nah, it doesn't really matter right now.

Alright, my 'Operation: Don't Become A Villainess!' starts now!