CHAPTER 1: I PLAN TO LIVE A QUIET LIFE.

I transmigrated into the world of the romance light novel, 'Beloved Jade' as the fourteen-year old version of Catherine Graciela Cordova, the villainess.

I have realized that after I woke up in a room with fancy and modern interiors, after looking in the mirror, after one of the maids called my name and after I asked her some questions.

After some time of gathering and analyzing all the information I needed, I concluded that I have arrived two years before the actual beginning of the story. I have transmigrated during the younger years of the characters, which was not mentioned or a part of the original story.

This gives me more than enough time to prepare for what's about to come.

In order to fulfill my dreams of living an unbothered quiet rich heiress life, there are three things I have to do: (1) Never bully the female lead, Jade; (2) Avoid Jade as much as possible and (3) Never get in her way of having a happy ending with the male lead.

That is all I have to do. Although nasisiguro ko na magkakaroon ng pagbabago sa takbo ng istorya dahil sa biglaang paglilihis ko mula sa orihinal na role ko. But even so, I'm pretty sure Jade and the male lead would still be fine and have their happy ending. Basta hindi ako mangingialam.

I will not interfere between them, help them or even just be a bystander to watch their story unfold.

I'm just going to live and focus on my own life.

I am certain I can do that.

Now, what I have to do is to prepare for a party me and my mother will have to attend tonight.

This is the first event I have to do ever since I woke up in this world.

I will have to get myself out there and see this world for myself.

~ * ~

Tahimik kong pinagmasdan ang nadaraanan naming mga gusali, sakay ng isang mamahalin at kulay itim na sedan, patungo sa gaganapan ng birthday party ng kaibigan ng aking ina.

Kasalukuyan lang kaming dalawa ang nasa sasakyan kasama ang isang driver. Sa loob ng sasakyan, tahimik at madilim lang. Walang umiimik. Ang tanging nagsisilbing liwanag ay ang nadaraanan naming mga street light, o yung mga ilaw mula sa mga building--makukulay at katamtaman lang dahil nafifilter ng tinted na mga bintana.

Ang mga ilaw na hindi ganoong masakit sa paningin o nakaka-distract.

"Catherine," the sharp and strict voice of my mother called. Rather, the mother of the original Catherine.

Nilingon ko siya, removing my sight from the relaxing lights to her. A subtle smile rested on my lips, "Yes, Mother?"

"I will be expecting your best and utmost perfect behavior tonight," she said, her right fleek eyebrow raised at me, "Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mother," I repeated the same words but this time, as an answer. Not a question.

"Hmm," tanging balik niya. Ang kaniyang mga braso ay ipinagkrus niya sa harap ng kaniyang dibdib.

I looked back outside the car window, to gaze upon the relaxing and warmed colors of the cityscape.

Although Catherine is mentioned to be spoiled in the novel, it was indeed mentioned too na pagdating sa harap ng kaniyang mga magulang ay nagiging maamong tupa siya so her parents aren't really aware of her ruthless behavior.

Maya-maya'y napalitan ang tanawin ng mga engrandeng dekorasyon ng isang luxury hotel.

Grand Almira Hotel, a part of one of the largest hotel chains which is under one of the biggest conglomerates in the country, Xi Prime Holdings.

We're about to attend the 39th birthday party of the Xi Prime Holding's CEO's wife, Almira Elizabeth Xi.

Also, the mother of this novel's male lead, Montague Ivan Xi.

Now that I think about it, I would also have to meet my father and brother... one of the main characters as well. Si Leo.

Hiwalay na ang mga magulang namin but they still haven't filed for a divorce yet. Paghiwalay nila'y pinili ng aking Ama si Leo, and my Mother... I don't know if she chose me o kung wala talaga siyang choice.

I don't remember how their separation unfolded because I was just a clueless child at that time (Well, based on the original Catherine's memories). Ever since then, I rarely saw my Father while my brother... 'di ko na talaga siya nakita ulit dahil sa ibang bansa na siya lumipat para mag-aral. Sa Massachusetts, United States to be specific.

Maski ako'y sa U.S. rin nag-aaral kasalukuyan pero sa California naman. Umuwi lang ako ngayon rito sa Pilipinas dahil bakasyon namin.

If memory serves me correct, he's one year older than me. So if I'm fourteen and gonna be Grade 9 next school year, he's going to be in Grade 10. Tapos pagtungtong niya ng Grade 11 ay tsaka siya papasok sa Westwood International School, the main setting of the story. Isa siya sa mga mauuna na papasok sa setting ng libro pero tsaka lang talaga magsisimula ang kuwento pagpasok ni Jade, ang main character, na kasabayan namin... kasabayan ko.

I wasn't expecting to meet the main characters in this world even before the story started. This part wasn't mentioned in the novel too so I have no idea how this 'scene' is going to unfold.

"Madame Olivia and Ma'am Catherine, nandirito na po tayo," the driver informed when the car stopped in front of the entrance of the hotel.

The door to our right was opened by one of the guards outside, and we stepped out.

I subtly looked away when the cameras from the paparazzis flashed one after the other while my Mother had this prepared beautiful and graceful smile on her face.

I tried to smile and wave too but it didn't last long. I probably look awkward on their photos of me but I couldn't think that much of it dahil nasa iba ang atensyon ko.

Akala ko hindi ako ganoong kinakabahan. Akala ko'y ayos lang ako, na kaya kong magpanggap.

Hindi ko alam kung sa akin ba talaga itong nararamdaman ko, kay Yara, o sadyang nakatanim na talaga sa kaibuturan ng totoong Catherine na magustuhan ang male lead ng kuwentong ito...

Because when I stepped inside of the hotel and unexpectedly caught sight of him...

All I could think of was how breathtaking his blue eyes were.