CHAPTER 41: FORGIVE ME.

The next day, Thursday came.

Morning classes went by smoothly-- just simple class discussions, recitations, and quizzes. Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba 'to sa angking talino at galing ng utak ni Catherine, pero mas naging madali para sa akin ang magmemorize ng mga key terms at makaintindi ng mga concepts kung kaya't nakuha ko ang pinakamataas na marka sa lahat ng mga naging activities namin.

No wonder she's always the top student in her class, and one of those in the entire school. I'm certain as well that aside from her being gifted and a prodigy, she also accompanied it with hard work and discipline. She knew her blessings and took advantage of that, making her be ahead amongst her peers. If she didn't bother to cultivate her skills in the first place, she would've never achieved what she has so far.

She would've been a very powerful woman in the medicine and business industry in the future if she weren't only blinded by love.

"Catherineee~"

Medyo nabigla ako nang biglang inilingkis ni Josie ang kaniyang mga braso sa akin pagkalabas ko ng classroom matapos ang pinakahuling klase namin ngayong umaga.

"Josie," I smiled a little at her, "Should we get going?"

With her expression being as bright and fresh as the morning sunshine, she nodded her head, "I'm craving for something-potato today. I hope they have it in the menu."

After our confrontation two days ago, at first, there was some bit of awkwardness between us (yesterday) but I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see how Josie was able to quickly adapt and change to be more comfortable around me like today. Before, she would follow me everywhere. She still does today but the difference is, she likes to get touchy as well which I'm kind of worried about since I'm certain Ivan wouldn't like it.

Kung kaya't pasimple kong inalis ang pagkakakapit niya sa aking kaliwang braso. Unfortunately, I didn't plan on what to do after I did that so I just did what first came into my mind.

"I'm craving for a potato dish too," I said, placing my left hand on top of her head like I'm giving her a headpat which was kind of easy since I'm a bit taller than her, "If there aren't any, I'd go with pasta."

I felt her body froze, albeit we continued walking together, but her own hands remained on her sides, "I-I'd like some pasta too."

I removed my hand from her head and smiled. Now, that's a success.

If she was any other girl or person, I wouldn't mind the close physical contact. But Ivan is wary of her specifically, and I wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable even if he's not around because that's something I'd want for him to do when I'm not around too.

"Catherine! Hi!" napalingon ako sa aking kanan nang mula sa hallway na naroroon ay binati kami ng iilan sa mga nakakasabay ni Catherine dati. A girl named Eleanor and two guys named Jacob and Adrian. Their names I just found out later.

I straightened my posture, "Hi. We were just on our way to the cafeteria..."

"We were just too," Jacob said. He has blue eyes and a brunette hair.

"I'm starving," Adrian puffed, "I'm craving for some seafood today."

"We'll see what they have on the menu today," I said as we continued to walk.

Sinilip ako ni Eleanor mula sa aking tabi kung kaya't nagtama ang mga mata naming magkakulay, "Are there any foods you're craving for, Cath?"

"She's craving for a potato dish or pasta," biglang sagot ni Josie na tinanguan ko naman, "We're the same," pagpapatuloy niya.