[1.16] Matters

"Spindrift?"

Scout Rogers, Earth-5050's Captain Liberty. stood on Marina's doorstep. He wore civilian clothing, and a cap like some celebrity – which he was anyways.

Marina stood frozen, Hobie standing tall behind her as the both of them stared at the blond man before them. Marina knew better than to try to deny her identity. She didn't question as to how he found out about her true identity anymore – considering that the suspect was the man she just made out with few moments ago.

"Scou – Captain Liberty? Um..." She glanced back at Hobie, who raised an eyebrow at her. "Holy shit, it's the gorgeous man again!" Venom exclaimed excitedly, although Marina didn't seem too excited about the current situation.

It wasn't exactly normal for anyone to have the Captain Liberty show up on their doorstep unannounced, and then suddenly call them by their alter ego. He only found out about Spindrift's true identity because of Hobie disrespectfully ending the call on him, and accidentally revealing his lover's identity.

"Can I take a few minutes of your time?" Scout asked, and Marina almost immediately nods in response. She and Hobie were supposed to go on a date, but that had to wait. Scout seemed like in a serious rush, and he did mention he had to tell her something important before on the phone.

Hobie furrowed his eyebrows at Scout, eyes shooting daggers at the man who was welcomed into their home. Scout nodded his head at Hobie, walking pass by him and standing over at the small living room. He didn't exactly know who this man was, but what he did know was that this was the same man Marina was in a call with that day.

"So... um... Can I get you anything? Water? Tea?" Marina asked, and Scout shook his head with a small smile. "No, thank you. I just have to talk to you about something important. I meant to tell you over the phone, but our call was..." He traced off, and both him and Marina turned to Hobie.

Hobie shrugged innocently, and Marina sighed. "I am so so sorry about that. It was an accident." She apologized, and Scout chuckled. "Sure, just an accident." Marina chewed on her bottom lip, feeling more nervous by the second. Fuck you, Hobie.

"We have a crisis, and it seems like we'll need all the help we can. I actually have to talk to you about this matter in private." Scout says, and Hobie scoffs. "No need to be shy, mate. Your lil secret's safe with me." He smirks, and Marina lets out an awkward laugh as she nudges Hobie's side.

Hobie turns to her, and Marina gives him a look. They stare at each other for a moment, Scout watching them like some lost puppy as the two interacted with their eyes. Marina narrowed her eyes at Hobie, who snickered at her. "I'm stayin." He says, and Marina inhales deeply.

"Your man is hard to handle." Venom remarks.

Scout's lips turn into a thin line before he nods in understanding. He had zero idea who this guy was, but he was taller than him, and was definitely protective of Marina. Noted. With the way this man was acting towards him – Scout wondered if he had any idea who he actually was, but it might be condescending of him to ask out loud.

The blond clears his throat before speaking, "We found out that Stark Industries have been working alongside Life Foundation. Apparently those capsules from space that arrived here not long ago, they were from Life Foundation, and it contained these species called symbiotes. Life Foundation experimented on humans for a while, thinking the symbiotes would merge with them – but they failed. Stark Industries found out about these experiments, and found out a way to let the symbiotes merge with the AI's created by Stark."

Marina and Hobie stared at Scout, clearly shocked by everything he just said. Marina felt her heart drop to her stomach, remembering Venom. Venom's a symbiote, how would Scout react if he found out that Marina actually became a host for a symbiote? Sure, Venom was a real pain in the ass, but the two grew attached to each other.

"Life Foundation sent hundreds of symbiotes in this planet, Marina. We need all the help we can get, since we found out how strong these symbiotes actually are." He continued, and Marina gulped. Fuck.

"Okay, I'll do my best to help."

Scout smiles gratefully towards Marina, who returns a small smile. "Guess I gotta help now too, huh?" Hobie says, Marina's neck almost snapping when she turns to him. "Hobie, you can't." She says quietly, and Hobie looked almost offended by her words.

"I'm sorry, but who are you supposed to be?" Scout asks, and Hobie turns to him with an amused look. "Should be askin' you the same thing, bruv. Ain't you the one stormin' in here, askin' my girl to risk her life?" He asks, tilting his head. Scout chuckles, shaking his head. "Your girl?" He repeats.

"Who else's?" Hobie grins, and Marina watches the both of them, shocked. What the hell is happening?

"M sure you remember me. The one who ended the call on 'ya?" Hobie's grin widens as he sees the expression on Scout's face, and Marina runs her hands across her face. She lets out a distressed sigh, before taking a step closer to Scout.

"Thank you! Um... Captain –"

"Just call me Scout."

Hobie throws his head back as he laughs, and Marina turns to glare at him before turning back to Scout with a smile. "When do you need my help?" She asks. "I'll text you the details." Scout replies, receiving a nod from Marina. "Alright. Thank you for telling me." She says, and Scout gives her a brief nod before making his way out the door. "I'll see you, Spindrift."

Marina waves at him, before closing the door. Sighing deeply, she makes her way to Hobie who was leaning against the counter. "Hobie."

"I can't come now? Thought you guys needed all the help you can." Hobie says, and Marina crosses her arms. "Yeah, all the help from this universe. You can't stay here for too long, Hobie. You got your own place to protect." Marina places a hand on his cheek, Hobie leaning in against her palm.

He hated how Marina's words made sense. She was right that he couldn't stay here for long, there were many people back home that needed him – just as how so many people needed Marina here.

"Fine." There was clear disappointment plastered on his face, but he quickly covered it up with a small smile. "I trust ya." He says, words melting Marina's heart. She knew how many people trusted Spindrift, but it was different to hear her Hobie say he trusted her.

"You better get outta there alive."

Marina chuckles, "Duh. Of course I will."