[1.19] Mask

Being Spiderwoman is just so fun, you know? The praises, the sponsors, and the endless punches to the face that you spent almost an hour trying to cover up when you go out without your mask. Just so so fun!

A kick to the face, body being effortlessly thrown into a brick wall, and then another kick to the stomach. Marina was currently living her life, getting beaten up by a bunch of androids.

Venom had healed her multiple times already, and she was pretty sure their luck was running out as each second passes. The fight was taking longer than expected, and with the hundreds of hours spent on training for the past week – Marina was hoping that this would only come to her as a piece of cake, but of course, nobody gets what they want, and everyone is sad at the end of the day.

She missed Hobie badly, but she specifically told him not to try and look for her if he ever arrived at her apartment to her gone. It was her universe's fight, and how would the others even react to finding out that there was another Spiderman?

"Drift!" Natalie, also known as Red Widow called Marina from the other side of the room. She's dodging and shooting at the AIs that tried to attack her, and it looks like she's holding something in her hand protectively.

Kicking and taking out one of the AI's core, Marina turns to Nat in response. Her chest moves up and down as she tries to catch her breath. It hurts to even move an inch, but everyone's trying their best to end this fight as quickly as possible. The quicker it ends, the less people and places are damaged.

"Take this! Use it up in Tony's office, and it'll shut down all of them!" Nat yells out, throwing the goober towards Marina. Running up and catching the goober in her hands, Marina nods at Nat with a determined look. Although she can't see Marina's expression, Nat knows Marina will do her best. "I won't fail you." Marina says, before running and swinging up Tony's office.

Apparently, there are more AI's in the highest floor. She-hulk and Captain Liberty are there, fighting as many as they can. Scout turns to see Marina, doing a superhero hero landing as she lands on the floor. The corner of is bruised lips tugs up into a smirk, as he covers himself with his shield. "You got it?!" He asks, "I got it!" Marina says.

Trying to make way for Marina to reach and enter Tony's office, she kicks the doors open. The room is empty, but the large glass windows are broken. Holy shit – did Tony jump off from there? No way.

Marina lets out a sigh of relief, happy to know that she's free from fighting for the time being. She rushes to his desk, inserting the goober on his computer before her spidey senses kick in. She hears the sound of a laser gun loading up, and sees Tony in his suit.

Tony's pointing his open palm at Marina, ready to shoot at her if she made any other movements. "If it isn't the Friendly Neighborhood Spindrift? Didn't know you worked with teams now. Got too bored on your own, I'm guessing?" He says, taking slow steps as he tilts his head.

Marina holds her hands up in surrender, "Mister..." She pauses when Tony raises an eyebrow at her. "President Stark. Please. What you're doing... Many people can get hurt. You know these symbiotes, they don't belong here." She tries to reason with him, and Tony scoffs. He shakes his head in disbelief, Marina staring at him with confusion.

"Right. Sure. If they don't belong here, then why'd you merge with one?" Tony suddenly asks, and Marina falls silent. How does he know? "Oh fuck. How does he know?" Venom asks. Her silence makes Tony laugh, "You're real funny, kid."

"I had no choice... Venom... He's good. He doesn't mean harm." Marina says softly, and the light coming from Tony's laser hands turn brighter. She flinches, hoping to whoever it is out there that if he does shoot, she'll have enough time – and she'll be able to come home to Hobie's arms.

"Those symbiotes that you used to merge with your robots, sir, they plan to kill all of humanity! None of us will be left if you keep up with this."

Tony shakes his head, "No. They'll make us stronger. Better, flawless, perfect." He presses, and Marina sighs. It's always the same goddamn excuse with these villains, bro. If it's not them being mistreated by society, it's them trying to fix it. God fuck.

Is it that hard to understand that there's just nothing anyone can do to fix the imperfections of humanity? That's why Spindrift was there, to save as many as she could from people who has a goddamn God Complex.

"Now, step away from the computer. Leave the USB on the table." Tony orders, and Marina makes her moves slowly. Eyes focused on each movement she made, Marina hesitantly glances his way, before shooting a web at his face so that she could temporarily blind him.

Bad fucking idea. Tony immediately blasted his desk, including the computer that she needed in order to shut the rest of the AI's down. "Fuck."

"Fuck!" Venom repeats.

Removing the web from his face, his laser hand follows every direction Marina goes to. His entire office, the ceiling and the floor slowly breaking as his laser hits everything. Crawling up and around each side of the wall, Marina tries to make a plan.

Trying to web his legs together, Marina manages to make Tony trip on his own feet. He yells in anger, and before Marina gets to knock the consciousness out of him, he uses his other hand to shoot a laser her way.

Marina is blasted to the other side of the room, groaning in pain. Fuck, it hurts so much – and she's pretty sure her suit is slightly torn from everything.

Breaking the webs that are wrapped around his legs, Tony stands up and makes slow but heavy steps towards Marina. The mask that covers his face disappears as he stands over Marina's body. "How about we do this fair and square, yeah?" He kneels down, and rips the mask out of Marina's face.

She gasps, eyes meeting with the villain. Tony scans her face for a moment, before snickering. "You're just a teenager. You ruined your own life. You could've lived longer, but you chose this terrible path – and now look where it got you." He tilts his head.

Marina glares at him, and tries to get up but Tony stands up and steps on her. "Just what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Mar – Drift!" She hears Scout's voice, before a sound of breaking glass and yells follow. Suddenly, there's silence, and she prays it's only because Scout and She-hulk are resting after finally defeating all of the droids. But where were they? She needed help.

"Fuck you." Marina spits, and Tony laughs. "That doesn't matter to me at all. You know why?" He pushes his weight onto his leg further, his foot stepping on Marina's stomach as she moans in pain. She tries to grab his feet, push it away, and save her own life – but Tony points his laser at her.

"No, please —"

"It doesn't matter to me anymore, because I win."