[1.17] Messy

Marina is always, and will forever be willing to help anyone at all costs. She risks her life saving people everyday, and it's easy for anyone to assume that their Friendly Neighborhood Spindrift was fit.

Her suit hugged all her curves and muscles perfectly, and she carried almost anything with ease. She felt more confident in herself whenever she wore the suit, and she felt free despite all the hardships that came with wearing a mask.

When she told Scout that she was willing to help them with the symbiote problem, she thought she would only be called over for a meeting or two – but nope. She was wrong.

As it turns out, she actually had to join their trainings daily. Scout and his other superhero friends thought that it was best for Marina to train with them, to test her abilities, and learn more about each other since they'd have to work together sooner or later.

In the past week of training with these people who was thrice as strong as they looked, Marina realized that maybe she wasn't as cool as she thought she was.

They usually trained without using their powers, and that meant that Marina couldn't shoot webs on their faces, or crawl up walls to avoid them. She thanked her spidey senses for helping her dodge their painful punches, but it seemed like Scout and his friends had crazy stamina and strength.

At the end of each training, Marina was left out of breath, and on the verge of passing out from tiredness. But despite the hellish training, she actually enjoyed her time getting to know Earth-5050's greatest superheroes. They were fun and chaotic behind the scenes, but knew how to keep their shit together when things went down.

Marina was currently on her way back to her apartment, clutching her bag as she took heavy steps back home. She'd swing to get there faster, but she was too tired to even try changing into her suit. She just wanted to fall into Hobie's arms, and fall asleep forever.

Keys jingling as she tried to look for the right key to her apartment, she stepped inside her cozy home and dropped her bag on the floor. She took her shoes off, and made her way to her bedroom as she let herself fall on her soft bed. "Finally." She says, voice slightly muffled as her face was flat on the mattress.

She wanted to fall asleep on the spot, but what she wanted more was to see Hobie, so she forced her body up and away from her tempting bed. Marina took a quick shower to freshen herself up first, and then changed into better clothes before she grabbed her bracelet and created a portal to Hobie's universe.

Yes, yes, she didn't exactly enjoy spending time in Hobie's messy ass apartment – but all she wanted right now was to be with her man, so his chaos didn't matter to her at the moment.

To Marina's disappointment, Hobie was not around at the moment. Frowning, she made her way to Hobie's bed, and decided to lay down while waiting for him to return. He was probably busy doing spiderman things, or with his band.

Unfortunately, Marina couldn't go and watch Hobie's band live because of Venom. Now that Venom's using her body as a host, she's also affected by the things Venom usually is, which fucking sucks.

Marina wanted to be there to support Hobie, but he said he didn't mind. Either way, she made up for her absence whenever he got home.

As hard as she tried to fight it, her eyes felt heavy by the second and they soon closed as she fell asleep on Hobie's bed. Marina's head laid down on the soft pillow that smelled like Hobie, her mouth slightly parting as she snored.

It wasn't long until Hobie eventually arrived home. Taking his mask off and tossing it somewhere, he made loud steps with his heavy shoes towards his bedroom to change – only to find his partner sleeping peacefully on his bed.

All of Hobie's worries seemed to wash away when he saw her figure, the corner of his lips tugging up into a smile as he made his way to Marina. He tried his best to lay down beside her as carefully as possible, but of course she was quickly woken up.

Marina grumbled, eyes fluttering open as she turned to look at Hobie. "Hey, Bee..." She quietly said, opening her arms for him. "Bee? That's new." Hobie chuckled, gladly wrapping his arms around Marina and pulling her close to him. "Where you been?" She asked against his chest.

"Beat up sum' tosser." He replies, voice deep but soft as Marina hums in response. "You been waiting here long?" He asks, glancing down at Marina. "Not sure. What time is it?" She asks, and Hobie glances at his clock. "Eleven."

Hobie's response made Marina immediately jolt up. "Wait what?" She quickly turns to the clock to check for herself, and sighs. "I wasn't supposed to stay here for that long. I was supposed to go patrolling." She groans, and Hobie sits up beside her with a grin. "Your universe's fine, they got that... Scamp Rogers, was it?" He tilts his head to the side, Marina giving him a 'seriously?' look.

"You know damn well that's not his name, Hobie." Marina says, and Hobie smiles innocently before kissing the corner of her lips. "What happened to 'Bee'?" He asks in a teasing tone, as Marina playfully moves his face away with a grin. "You seriously like being called Bee?" She asks, Hobie shrugging. "S' not bad."

"Aye, by the way – look what I found," Hobie reaches into his pocket and pulls out a soda can tab. He has a grin on his face, meanwhile Marina is staring at him with confusion. "Wow, that's an amazing... soda tab?" She hesitantly says, and Hobie laughs. "You dunno what this means?" He plays with the tab between his fingers, and Marina shakes her head.

"Tabs that look like this – like sum' rainbow with a hole in the bottom, it means that whoever 'ya give it to, they gotta give 'ya a kiss." Hobie explains, and it all suddenly clicks in Marina's head. "Oh!" She takes the tab from Hobie, and stares at it for a moment before turning to Hobie with an amused look.

"Seriously, Bee? You know that you could just freely kiss me if you wanted to... right?" Marina raises an eyebrow. Hobie leans closer to her face, "Where's the fun in that?"