4. Veer

~Surroundings around us~

I just couldn't focus. It didn't matter how much annoying she was. Would she be ok? That bus gave me weird vibes too. What if? No, no. I took a u-turn and started to calculate where the bus should be right now. I parked my car somewhere. I'd already notified my assistant to pick up my car. I walked fast on the pavement. I might be wrong, but then.

"Gotcha!"

I saw it stopped as the signal showed red. I got up on the bus. And my heart sank but I tried to look normal. Her eyes looked moist and her face was all red. I sat next to her even though I knew it was the ladies' seat. She looked at me with her big doe eyes which again stinged in my heart. I smiled to look normal to her; she had to calm down.

"Veer-"

It was almost vivid but enough to echoed in my ears. It was the first time I heard my name from her lips. But the situation was the thing I hate.

"'Sup?"

'Sup? What's wrong with me? She finally smiled a little and managed to reply, "I, I thought you have an Audi?"

I smiled again getting back her sarcastic, true self.

"Yes, but it was empty, so have to take this bus."

"Oh"

I glanced at her fingers, they were still shaking. I took out my phone and airpods.

"Wanna listen?" I forwarded one of them.

"Uh- sure."

I looked at her lastly. She finally seemed earthly and looked outside of the window. I felt assured and then I stared back to those bastards. I wanted them to know if they even thought to touch her, I damned their life outta them.

The bus stopped near our house as we got off. My house was 5 minutes walk from the bus stop. But the walk was dangerously silent. After shutting the door, we entered. Lights were dimmed. I guess Nini had fallen asleep. My room was exactly opposite of hers.

"Thank you." She said very politely. It was the first time she talked to me like that.

"For what?" She smiled staring at the roof then looked at me. I didn't know why I felt awkward. She was just not herself today. I felt intimidated by her sudden smile?

"For the night."

"Well, no. I told you before my car was empty, so-"

"Whatever, whatever. But really thank you for tonight. I was creeped out. Sorta. And-"

"Hmm?"

"Don't worry. I will move out from your house asap. Your life will be peaceful again."
She unlocked her door, "Good Night." And got into her room.

"I-"

Why her words, specially leaving my house pierced in my mind. I was the one who wanted her to leave. No, no, no. I must be very tired. I needed a strong nap.