7. Nistha

~Spiders~

I felt never so embarrassed in my entire life, and today it wasn't even my fault. But the woman infront me, was gonna explode at any moment. On me.

"Maa, it's not her fault. She didn't kno—" The boy who was still half-naked just_only_in_towel tried to calm her down.

"I understand but still, she should knock."

I should knock? Really? that was my damn room! I was trying my hard to control my anxious temper. That woman was both intimidating and annoying. How many days did I have to bear with her!

"Madhu, let it be. It's just a petty thing." That aunt looked at me with her kajal-sharped eyes, trying to understand if I was guilty or not. Which I was definitely not. It wasn't MY fault. Not this time.

"Only if she apologize." A chuckle cracked from my lips unknowingly. "Is it funny to you?"

"I—. Well aunty ji, as you've seen, I have just come a few minutes ago, so I don't have any information that someone's in my room. So conclusively it's your son's fault to use my room without seeking permission from the recent owner, even after knowing that it's rented to someone." I was trying my hard not to upset her by my tone.

"Well, before you it was his room—"

"Maa, that's enough, it's my fault. I'm sorry."

"No—"

"If you guys are done, you should try these yummy fish fries just served by Shanta Di. Mmh!" the unbothered Veer closed his eyes in satisfaction while munching "fish fries". Everyone looked at him in awe. "And my dear Ahaan, are you still gonna stand almost naked like this infront of... women?" He looked at me. "Have some dignity man, grab some clothes dude, seriously."

"Right- I'm—" Ahaan rushed to the room again and slammed the door.

Aunty looked at me like a defeated hyena. Phew~ got saved for tonight. Nini patted my shoulder and I gave a half fake smile. She sat next to Veer. My eyes were directed on his figure. I sighed.

Veer was very, very infuriating. Everytime he was near I felt my adrenaline rushed in my brain disturbing every neurones from their places. But since Nini's birthday, I noticed him becoming different. A good different surprisingly. We had only known each other for a month. May be more than a month. And I was quite surprised how he became flexible all of a sudden. I knew none could unsee my generosity. Not even Mr. Veeraj pain_in_arse Dixit.

After dinner, another predicament slapped me. Ahaan took my room and Mrs. Dixit had happened to stay at the guest room, and now the situation is 'where was I gonna stay or atleast sleep for tonight?'.

"Nish why don't you stay in my room with me? Just for a week? I don't think that would be a problem."

"Nini, I —" Well it wouldn't be problem if, if only I could control my banes of nights. But I didn't see any other choices. "No problem."

I grabbed all the necessary things from my room. When I was coming out from my room, I saw that same boy what was his name again? Huh! Ahaan, was standing, leaning against the balcony. He looked at me and walked towards me.