Chapter four

April 10th 1912 - Cherbourg, France

Cherbourg greeted us with its coastal charm as the Titanic made a brief stop to embark more passengers. The air was infused with anticipation, as new faces joined the voyage, each with their own stories and dreams.
As I stood on the deck, taking in the breathtaking view of the French port, a lively woman caught my eye. She was a force of nature, vibrant and charismatic, radiating a captivating energy that seemed to fill the air around her.

"Hello there, dear!" she called out with a warm smile, her voice carrying a hint of an American accent.
I couldn't resist the magnetic pull of her presence, so I walked over to introduce myself. "Good afternoon. My name is Eleanor Andrews," I replied, extending my hand.
She took my hand with a firm shake, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Pleasure to meet you, Eleanor. I'm Margaret Brown, but you can call me Molly. Everyone does!"
"Molly, it's a pleasure to meet you as well," I said, smiling in response to her infectious charm.

She waved her hand toward the majestic ship behind her. "Isn't this an absolute marvel? I must admit, I've never been on a ship quite like this one. It's a floating palace!"
I chuckled, feeling an instant connection with this spirited woman. "Yes, it's truly remarkable. And it's an honor to be a part of this voyage."

Molly leaned in, her eyes glinting with mischief. "You know, I've heard rumors that this ship is unsinkable! Can you believe it?"
I nodded, trying not to dismiss her excitement. "Yes, that's what they say. Thomas, my husband, was one of the chief designers. He's quite proud of the ship's safety features."
Molly's eyes widened, and she clapped her hands together. "Well, he must be quite the genius! To build a ship like this, he must be. I can't wait to meet him!"

Just as I was about to introduce her to Thomas, the sound of the ship's horn signaled that it was time to continue our journey. Molly grinned, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Well, it looks like we'll have to save that introduction for later. We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other on this grand adventure!"
With that, she waved goodbye and headed back to the ship, leaving me with a sense of excitement and anticipation. Molly Brown was a whirlwind of energy, and I knew that she would add a touch of liveliness and laughter to this voyage.

As the Titanic set sail once again, I couldn't help but smile at the unexpected encounter. Little did I know that this chance meeting with Molly would lead to a friendship that would brighten our days on the ship and create memories that would last a lifetime. The Titanic was not just a vessel for dreams; it was also a place where connections were made, and souls intertwined on the journey of a lifetime.