Chapter five

April 11th 1912 - Near the coast of Ireland

As the morning sun filtered through the sheer curtains of our promenade suite, I stretched and blinked, feeling the warmth of Thomas's embrace beside me. With a soft smile, I snuggled closer, relishing the comfort of his presence.
"Good morning, sleepyhead," Thomas murmured, his voice filled with affection.
"Good morning," I replied, my heart fluttering at the sound of his voice. "I can't believe it's already time for lunch." I said after a quick look at the clock on the bedside table.
He chuckled, his arms tightening around me. "Time flies when you're in good company, my love."

With a playful twinkle in his eyes, he kissed my forehead, sending a tingle of warmth through me. Our promenade suite felt like our own private sanctuary, a space where we could be ourselves and cherish each other's love.

As we prepared for lunch, there was a lighthearted air about us. Thomas playfully held up two ties—one dark blue with dots and one red. "Which one do you think would make me look dashing for lunch?" he asked, feigning seriousness.
I laughed, pretending to consider my choice. "I'd say the blue tie suits you best, my dear. It brings out the color of your eyes."
He grinned, playfully adjusting his tie with a flourish. "Then blue it is. Thank you for your expert advice, my style consultant."
"You're welcome," I replied, feigning a curtsy. "I'm here to ensure you always look your best."

Once we were dressed, we stood back to admire each other. Thomas's tailored suit accentuated his broad shoulders and confident posture, while my flowing dress danced with every movement. We made quite the striking couple, and it filled me with pride to walk beside him.

As we made our way to the dining area, we exchanged sweet nothings and light-hearted banter. Thomas held my hand with a gentle warmth, and I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

As I took my first step onto the magnificent grand staircase, I felt a mix of awe and pride. It was truly a dream come true to see Thomas's creation in all its glory. His eyes, like mine, were filled with admiration for the ship's beauty and elegance.

We descended the staircase slowly, savoring every moment of this experience. The soft light illuminated the luxurious surroundings, casting a warm glow on the polished wood and intricate carvings. The plush carpet beneath our feet absorbed the sound of our footsteps, making it feel like we were gliding through a place of elegance.

"Isn't she a marvel, Thomas?" I said, my voice filled with pride and excitement. "I can't believe you did it. The Titanic is truly a work of art."
Thomas smiled warmly at me, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Indeed, she is, Eleanor."

As we reached the bottom of the staircase, we found ourselves in the first-class reception area. The sound of laughter and polite chatter filled the air as passengers mingled and enjoyed each other's company.
"We should head to the dining saloon for lunch," Thomas said. "I heard they're serving some of the finest cuisine on board."
I nodded in agreement, and we made our way through the reception area toward the dining saloon.

Along the way, we exchanged pleasantries with some of the passengers we knew and those who recognized Thomas as the creator of the Titanic.

As we entered the dining saloon, the sight of the beautifully set tables took my breath away. The room was adorned with elegant chandeliers and luxurious details, creating an ambiance of refined sophistication. The aroma of delicous food filled the air, making my stomach growl with anticipation.

We were quickly ushered to our reserved table, which was already inhabited by Ruth DeWitt Bukater, Rose DeWitt Bukater and her fiancee Cal Hockley. Alongside with Mr. Ismay and of course the lovely Molly Brown.

White-gloved waiters attended to our every need, and the conversation around us was a gentle hum of excitement and delight.