𝟬𝟬. just keep driving

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗲 ─── just keep driving
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

     VIVICA didn't care what anybody said, the Fisher boys were assholes and the debutant ball was a fucking hoax

But of course, her perfect mother made her do it to keep their perfect little girl's perfect reputation. Debutant Vivica Crestview just had that ring to it, apparently.

Unfortunately for Vivica, that ring lost its tune when it came to getting herself an escort.

If the rule of three strikes you're out applied in the matter, she would've been benched long ago.

That was how she found herself  standing on the porch of the Fisher's beach house, the eldest Fisher boy standing in front of her.

"Are you serious?" She spat, her arms crossed against her chest. Staring holes into her best friend, she didn't even know how they'd gotten to this point.

They didn't argue often, but this was a betrayal of the masses.

Conrad was taking Nicole to the ball, even after he'd heard first-hand from Vivica about how conniving she'd been at every single deb event the whole summer. And above that, after he told Vivica he'd go with her.

"C'mon, Viv, it's not that big of a deal." He brushed her off.

"Not that big of a deal? What am I supposed to do now, Con?" She snarled, throwing an arm out dramatically.

"What happened to Cam?" He asked, his voice raising as well to match her volume.

"Oh my gosh," She groaned, dragging a hand down her face in frustration. "I told you that he couldn't make it! That's why I need you!"

"Well—" Conrad tried to think of something to say, opening and closing his mouth several times before he finally blurted, "My bad! I'm still gonna go with Nicole."

Vivica gave him an incredulous look. This had to be a nightmare, because there was no other way everything could go so wrong so quickly.

"The ball is in two days, what am I supposed to do?" She sighed, her hands pushing against her temples, as if she could push the situation out of her head.

This was it. She was going to crash and burn and make an absolute fool of herself in front of everyone and never be able to show her face again.

And Conrad was going to go back home after, leaving her at home in Cousins to face the music of total embarrassment all alone.

"I don't know," Conrad rolled his eyes, which she didn't see because she was too busy panicking. He was sure this wasn't his problem, even though he was the one who'd caused it. "Look, hang on—"

The boy pulled the front door of the house open and stuck his head in. Taking a deep breathe, he shouted into the household, "JEREMIAH!"

In a matter of seconds, the younger Fisher boy had his head poked out the door. "What's up?"

"Vivica needs an escort for the deb ball." Conrad told him, as if that even began to explain things.

"So? Have fun." Jeremiah said with a turned up nose, going to shut the door. But Conrad yanked it back open, pulling his brother out of the house and onto the deck entirely.

"Would you just please, go with her?" Conrad asked his brother, as if Vivica wasn't even there. The girl scoffed at his tone, discussing her like she was some kind of a chore.

Jeremiah made a face, and she could tell this was pointless. She'd already lost.

"No way! Do it yourself." He said, sending his brother a look. How did he get dragged into this?

"He can't." Vivica snapped. "Because he's going with Nicole and blowing off one of his best fucking friends."

"Dude, you're an escort?" Jeremiah asked, laughing as he shoved his brother's arm jokingly. Conrad didn't laugh, but ignored his comment altogether.

"Look, I said I was sorry. Jere, just—"

"Forget it." Vivica interrupted him. "Since it's so damn troublesome for you, forget it. I don't need your little pity date."

Except, she did need it, but that was a problem for when she got home.

Vivica stamped her way down the front steps and towards her car, yanking the door open.

"Viv, come on—" Conrad tried to reason with her, taking a step down the stairs himself. She ignored him, cranked up her car, and just kept driving.

 She ignored him, cranked up her car, and just kept driving

this isn't nicole slander, i promise 🙏

& in case it wasn't obvious, this is the summer BEFORE the show's set

okay, love you, byeeeee 💋