𝟬𝟰. stolen kisses, pretty lies

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 ───
stolen kisses, pretty lies
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 ─── stolen kisses, pretty lies🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

WITH each step she took closer to the Fisher's house, the more and more Vivica was regretting things.

Was Belly going to be upset about her being there? Was Cam?

She still didn't know how Conrad felt about her "dating" his brother either. She wished she could tell him that it changed nothing and that it wasn't real, but of course, she and Jeremiah had sworn not to tell anybody.

The volley of never ending worries rolling through her head stopped when a knock was delivered to the Fisher's door, and only then did she realize that she was the one who'd done it.

Sucking down a deep breathe, she put on her best hi, im dating your brother, surprise! smile and waited.

In seconds, the door swung open in front of her, revealing Belly. Well, too late to turn back now. 

"Oh," Belly mumbled, her smile faltering. She'd been expecting Cam when she opened the door, not her best friend's new girlfriend. Even so, she pasted on a smile and greeted her. "Hi. Come on in."

"Hey," Vivica grinned, crossing through the threshold of the house. "Happy birthday!"

She lifted her hand to shove into Belly's hand a small gift bag which contained her birthday present. "Here."

"Oh my gosh, you— you really didn't have to get me anything." The girl shook her head, the smile on her face now genuine.

"Oh please, I'm imposing on your birthday dinner, the least I could do is get you a present. Sweet sixteen, right?" Vivica asked.

Please, she thought. Please take my gift and make me feel at least a little less guilty about being here.

Belly nodded, then told her, "You're not imposing, seriously. Jere's really excited that you're here."

Vivica just smiled in response, gesturing for the girl to open her gift. But in the back of her mind, she was thinking about how totally unbothered Belly seemed by her presence. Jeremiah surely wasn't going to like that.

Carefully, Belly pulled pink tissue paper out of her giftbag. Then, she reached her hand in and retracted the gift, her eyes falling on the pair of sparkly flower earrings she'd been given.

"Oh wow," Belly gasped with a smile, watching the light reflect off the glitters. "These are beautiful, thank you."

At that, she pulled Vivica into a chaste hug, taking the girl by such surprise that she barely had time to reciprocate it.

"Vivica's here!" Belly called into the kitchen once they separated. Quickly following her announcement came the squeak of a chair across hardwood floors, and then the pattering of feet.