𝟬𝟳. your electric touch

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ───
your electric touch
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ─── your electric touch 🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

        ANIKA Crestview was a phenomenal actress. How she paraded around a holiday party and cut up with old friends like she was perfectly happy and living her best life was beyond her daughter's comprehension.

Every question about her father was answered as if he really were away on a business trip and not just trying to get away from his wife. Nobody there knew that she'd spent the summer days drinking and the nights going out late with friends that either never told or couldn't remember. They had no idea how fucked up the Crestview home was.

To them, it was the picture perfect family they all strived to be like. It made Vivica sick.

Still, she did the same as her mom and put on the show while at Susannah's party— not for her mother's sake, but for everybody else's.

Everything was going fine until it was Jeremiah's turn to talk to her mother. She realized this would be the first time they ever met, for her mom had only ever heard about him through conversations with Vivica and Jamie.

And with JB spending the holiday weekend at home with his mom, Vivica was left to manage it on her own, nerves almost tearing her to pieces.

Hesitantly, she let Jeremiah halfway drag her across his backyard towards her own mother, weaving in and around other guests.

"I don't know what you're so worried about, parents love me." He assured her as they got closer.

Of course they did. But other parents weren't her mom, the world's harshest and most unqualified critic.

"Mom," Vivica said once she was all but forced over to her mother's side. "I want you to meet somebody."

Anika lifted her sunglasses from her face and pushed them into her dark hair. Her scrutinizing gaze fell over Jeremiah and he practically thrived underneath it.

"This is Jeremiah." Vivica introduced him, wishing to give no further explanation as to what their relationship was. "Susannah's youngest son."

"Oh! Is this the boy that Jamie keeps bringing up around the house?" Her mother asked in an excited tone after throwing the boy a rather dismissive wave. "The one you're going out with?"

Hyper-aware of the presence of both of Jeremiah's parents within hearing distance, Vivica nodded.

"Now, I've actually been meaning to ask you about this," Anika began, pointing an absentminded finger at her daughter and practically ignoring Jeremiah. "What happened with Cameron? I thought you and him had something going on?"

"Mom!" Vivica exclaimed, turning bright red as her mother's loud voice traveled across the landscape. Jeremiah looked slightly panicked, looking at Vivica with wide eyes as if asking what he needed to do.