𝟬𝟯. the deal of the decade

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ───
the deal of the decade
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ─── the deal of the decade🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

   VIVICA had grown to hate being at home. Ever since her parents had started fighting more and more, it had left this looming feeling of misery over the whole house. Nothing was ever good enough, ever right enough.

Even now, with her dad out of town and JB over, the feeling was still there. The anticipation that whenever her dad came back, everything would explode again. The family was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode, but that was a secret that stayed inside the four walls of that house.

Vivica rarely left her room when she wasn't out of the house. If she went anywhere but there or JB's room down the hall, she'd get caught in one of her mother's traps, which always ended in her having to hold her tongue while her mother went on a rampaging rant about her father.

What was she supposed to say to that?

That was why they never had people over, because if they did, then maybe others would see that the Crestviews weren't as perfect as they appeared, and that the family was slowly falling apart at the seams.

So when Jeremiah showed up at her house, Vivica made him stay on the porch. She didn't want to welcome him on in, so she stepped out on the porch as well, the two bathed in the yellow glow of the outside lamps.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him, her arms folded across her chest. "How do you even know where I live?"

The boy waved his phone in the air as he told her, "JB would tell a seagull where you guys live, it wasn't that hard."

Note to self: talk to JB about that.

"As for what I'm doing here . . . I need a favor." He told her, wincing internally at what he was about to ask of her.

Vivica cocked a brow at him, her interest officially piqued.

"And what would that be?" She asked, leaning against the front door she had long since closed.

"When Belly was leaving for her date with Cam, I may or may not have accidentally mentioned that you and I had a date tonight too." He explained.

He spoke so quickly that it took Vivica a long minute to register what he had just said, but when she finally processed it, her eyes widened and she gave him a glare that would've killed him if possible.

"You did what?" She shrieked, and for a moment, Jeremiah feared she may strangle him. This was how he was going to die, at the hands of a sparkly blue manicure and pure teenage girl rage.

"Hey, you started it! Back at the club with the— the kissing!" He said in his defense, pointing a finger at her.

"That was a little peck on the cheek in front of Cam, not announcing that we're dating to my entire household!" She exclaimed.