𝟬𝟴. the summer things turned shitty

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ───
the summer things turned shitty
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ─── the summer things turned shitty🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

CLOUD nine was nothing compared to the feeling Vivica had the next morning when she woke up. She had the day off.  The memory of the night beforehand was forever engraved in the caverns of her mind. The house was quiet. Sunshine seeped in through her windows. Euphoria.

She'd slept in, but the entire time she spent getting ready for the day was like a tape on rewind. A motion picture on the screen in her head of how Jeremiah had turned a bad day into the best one.

Her parents had already been asleep when she got home, her dad snoozing on the couch instead of in their room. But after talking in the sand underneath the arm of the boy she adored, not even that could dampen her spirits.

Her parents had the most perfect love she'd ever seen, like off the pages of a romance novel, she knew they'd bounce back. Every couple had there rough patches, this just so happened to be theirs.

A call from Cam was the last thing she'd expected to get at lunch time, right before she was planning to ask if her mom wanted to go eat out with her.

She'd picked it up without any apprehension, and that alone brought a smile to her face. Because Cam was just Cam again, not some boy she had to be trip-over-your-words nervous around.

"Hello?" She chirped into the receiver. Cam's response was much less cheerful— a solemn hey that made it sound like he was taking a tour of a graveyard or something.

"What's going on?" She followed up, voice now serious and without a trace of the positive tone it had just a moment ago.

From the other end she could hear his sigh, before he delivered the news. "Belly and I broke up." He said.

Vivica used to imagine that when she heard those words she'd feel triumphant, elated by the information and ready to give him all the love that Belly had failed to provide. But instead, she felt nothing.

She just felt for her friend who'd just been dumped, inevitably for somebody else.

"Oh, Cam, I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?" She offered her services, because before anything else, she was still one of his best friends.

"Yeah, actually." He answered. She could hear the crash of waves in the background, making her mind wander and wonder where he was at. "I'd normally call JB for this kinda thing but uh, you've always been pretty good at the whole talking things through thing."

She knew what he needed before he even did.

"Where are you?"

He told her and the second it left his mouth she told him, "I'm on the way. Then we can talk all you want, kay?"