𝟬𝟲. a very thin line

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 ───
a very thin line
🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹✸ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 ─── a very thin line 🍉☀️🌸 ゚・ׂׂૢ࿐

        BELLY was starting to grow sick and tired of seeing Vivica in her house. She really wished she could hate her.

She didn't want to like the girl, but when Vivica would come in after time at the beach or in the pool with Jermeiah and ask Belly what flavor kool-aid she wanted or if she'd like a sandwich too, she just couldn't make herself hate her. Annoyingly, Vivica alway made the kool-aid perfectly sweet, too.

The month of June had bled into July in the blink of an eye and her presence was still unwavering, and everyone in the summer house seemed to absolutely adore it but Belly.

She knew it was selfish to think, but she wanted to still be the only girl around. The summer house was her place, and now it felt like Vivica was invading it. Between her and Nicole, Belly didn't know how much longer she could just ignore the sour sensations in her gut.

The feeling was no different when she found Vivica waiting at the front door in her surfing gear, a board leaning against her body.

Vivica hadn't been expecting the younger girl to open the door, but she was more than happy when she did.

"Hey! Is Connie here? We're supposed to go surfing, but he wasn't answering my texts." She asked, her tone light and cheery, matching perfectly with her pearly smile.

When Belly's smile dissipated, she already knew the answer.

"Uh, no actually, he's out sailing." She said with a sympathetic look. At least now Belly knew that she wasn't the only one Conrad had been blowing off lately. "I'm sorry."

Vivica pitched her head back and groaned at the sky. Once finished with her dramatics, she looked at Belly and asked, "Can I be real with you for a second?"

Belly shrugged and nodded, so Vivica  continued.

"What the fuck is wrong with him?" She asked loudly and with a shake of her head, her words dissolving into laughter at the end, which Belly couldn't help but join in on.

"I mean seriously, this kid used to practically drag me to the beach to get practice in and now I can't even get him to step foot on the sand." She sighed.

Belly found it funny that Vivica called Conrad kid even though he was a whole year older, and wondered if she ever had enough nerve to do it in front of him.

"Well, believe me, you're not the only one he's been acting weird around. He's been pretty closed off all summer." Belly assured her, sticking a hand in the back pocket of her denim shorts.

"Then at least I know it's not me." She shrugged. "I guess I'll just have to go by myself; sorry for bothering you."

"Wait, no." Belly stopped her, leaning a little closer out of the doorframe. She felt this sudden surge of guilt that she couldn't explain. Maybe it was because Belly hated to be the bearer of bad news no matter what it was, or maybe it was because she felt awful about every bad thing she'd thought about Vivica's sweet character.